autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SCANGRIP Sunmatch - Showing Wet Sanding Scratches and Holograms

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I think I found the directions a little confusing too... and most of us want to get the initial charge to or rechargeable tools right the first time.

If I could write the directions for tool use for companies I'd gladly do it.

Guido Valentini told me he wanted me to write the how-to book for the RUPES iBrid Nano 2 SEMA's ago when they were announced. I was excited to be asked by the President of RUPES to do this project. Never heard from him or anyone after that.

First time I opened a RUPES iBrid Nano I read the paper that came with it and ended up writing 2-3 new articles to fill in the voids.

LOL....yep, you're on point. When people say, refer to manufacturers directions, I don't always have the most confidence.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Inquiring mind (me) dares to ask why did you post this in the Thursday night class area? Did I miss something or ?
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post

Inquiring mind (me) dares to ask why did you post this in the Thursday night class area?

Did I miss something or ?

I just kept this project down to a few people. We've had really big turnouts lately, nothing wrong with that in fact it's a good thing but this is a custom paint job with some major issues so I wanted a small group.

Plus we had a new guy from Connecticut.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the SCANGRIP Multimatch

or
    the SCANGRIP I-View?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Moore View Post

or
    the SCANGRIP I-View?
    You're welcome to try mine any time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to get all 4, the hand light, pen, match grip and the head light. Due time...
    Until then, I do thoroughly use my Flex Light, and it's quality is excellent as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Moore View Post

or
    the SCANGRIP I-View?
    Are you referring to the handheld multumatch or the bigger lamp? The handheld is great. I was playing around with it and it shows up defects very well. Both my cars are light in color and it showed defects on them that I did not see before with an LED flashlight. The color of it is just right. One of these days I will get the bigger light.

The headlamp is great as well. Gives a nice flood light dispersal of light. Same color as the handheld which shows defects very well. Brightness can be adjusted with one button while the other button is for the motion sensor trigger. The motion sensor trigger is a cool feature which allows one to turn it on with the swipe of the hand. It is also a rechargeable light. Great for interiors as well. Also the foam comfort piece behind the headlamp itself makes it comfortable compared to other headlamps.

The pen light is also very nice. I would recommend these three for sure and I can see why these lights are so popular.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike P.

Per your recommendation I picked up a Sunmatch via AG.

When I first turned it on I thought,

"OK, well this is not much (if any) better than some of the hand held lights I already have."

Then I followed the directions...

"charge fully before use"

When the five light bars were all the way to the right I tried it again and all I can say is WOW! I'm really lovin' this light.

Thank you again for your review...I'm now looking forward to picking up a SCANGRIP Multimatch and a I-View. If they are as good and the Sunmatch these lights are a real winner!

Thanks Again.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post

Case in point. I finished correction on a Mustang last night. I wanted to coat it before bed so it could cure all night instead of the next morning.

I thoroughly checked it over with my led headlamp and again with my Scangrip. When I pulled it outside this morning, no high spots or any areas to address.

The customer just picked it up, and it was super cloudy.

Luckily, I had shown him the true condition with the light before when we met for consultation.

I was able to show him what it looked like now with the light. He was amazed,

Great testimony...

Thanks for sharing...

Post Thanks / Like

Just to confirm, does the iview headlamp provide the same brightness and color spectrum as the scangrip hand held 'original' and is it as effective at spotting defects?

I ask because the YouTube vids of the iview show it being used primarily as a general work light or for working on interiors or under the hood where lighting can be limited. I like the idea of the iview on your forehead illuminating the exact section of paint you are correcting as you correct it - but want to be sure the iview has the same brightness and color spectrum as the original.

Thank You!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast