autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Review: NEW Griot's 3.5 THIN BOSS Buffing pads!"

Great news! Griot's has introduced a new addition to their already great line of buffing pads. The new Griot's BOSS 3.5" thin buffing pads turn your Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher into a swirl removing power house!

Everyone loves the idea of a small, lightweight compact polisher for working thin panels, next to edges and working intricate or tight areas. In the past the only good option was the Griot's 3" Mini Polisher. The issue was pads that are too thick reduce pad rotation and thus reduce the effectiveness of the Griot's 3" Mini Polisher. Well the past is behind us because now Griot's offers 5 new thin buffing pads to enable you to get the most out of your Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher.

There's 1 microfiber pad for extra cutting power and 4 foam pads that follow the normal BOSS color coading protocol including white, orange, yellow and black where the white is the most aggressive and the black is the softest and least aggressive.

Griot's new BOSS 3.5" thin buffing pads

The new Griot's BOSS 3.5 buffing pads fit the new Griot's Micro Rotary Buffer and also fit and work excellent with the Griot's 3" Mini Polisher

Get the swirl removing performance you've always wanted out of your Griot's 3" Mini Polisher using the new Griot's BOSS 3.5" buffing pads.

On Autogeek.com

Griot's BOSS 3.5" buffing pads

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: NEW Griot's 3.5 THIN BOSS Buffing pads!"

***Update***

New product announced at SEMA

Post Thanks / Like

Been waiting for these to come out, especially since Megs discontinued their 3" MF pads!
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I still can't believe Meg's discontinued their 3 inch pads. What happened their 3 inch pad cutting machine broke? Glad I bought a bunch of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike does this new plate make it safer and easier to run 3" pads on the GG6? Also do the thin pads really make the loud,hot and underpowered GG3 that much better? I love Griot's products but IMO the GG3 is nothing but a wax spreader.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Been waiting for these to come out, especially since Megs discontinued their 3" MF pads!
    Totally agree with you. I was disappointed to learn about the Megs pads...they are (were) great.

Quote Originally Posted by AbileneAutoWerx View Post
    ... but IMO the GG3 is nothing but a wax spreader.
    Nah, that little sucker can correct as well. It's not my preferred tool for smaller panels, due to it's lower power, but I recently removed 2000 grit sanding with the GG3, a Megs MF Cut disc, and BOSS Correcting Creme.

Mike Phillips

Mike does this new plate make it safer and easier to run 3" pads on the GG6?
    Yes. This is what this 3" backing plate was designed for, that is to enable you to use the full size Griot's 6" DA Orbital Polisher with 3.5" pads. A winning combination.

Also do the thin pads really make the loud,hot and underpowered GG3 that much better?
    The answer is YES.

These new Griot's pads rotate excellent on the Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher. Also just to note, the Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher is NOT under powered it's just until now there were no pads made to work correctly with this tool.

There's no practical way to get all the power you get with the FULL SIZE Griot's Polisher into the smaller size polisher. If you were to try, you would get the full size polisher. I've been using the 3" Griot's polisher since it was introduced to the market but mostly as a machine sander for headlights and car paint. Now with smaller and THINNER pads available you truly can remove swirls with this compact orbital polisher.

I love Griot's products but IMO the GG3 is nothing but a wax spreader.

And that could be something you learned here on AGO as I've been posting car detailing write-ups showing this tool as a wax spread for years...

1966 Blown Nova - Extreme Makeover - Pictures & Videos

Machine Waxed

Finished...

But with these new thin sharp foam pads and thin microfiber pads on the market you can now use your Griot's 3" Mini Polisher to remove swirls.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yes. This is what this 3" backing plate was designed for, that is to enable you to use the full size Griot's 6" DA Orbital Polisher with 3.5" pads. A winning combination.

The answer is YES.

These new Griot's pads rotate excellent on the Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher. Also just to note, the Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher is NOT under powered it's just until now there were no pads made to work correctly with this tool.

There's no practical way to get all the power you get with the FULL SIZE Griot's Polisher into the smaller size polisher. If you were to try, you would get the full size polisher. I've been using the 3" Griot's polisher since it was introduced to the market but mostly as a machine sander for headlights and car paint. Now with smaller and THINNER pads available you truly can remove swirls with this compact orbital polisher.

And that could be something you learned here on AGO as I've been posting car detailing write-ups showing this tool as a wax spread for years...

1966 Blown Nova - Extreme Makeover - Pictures & Videos

Machine Waxed

Finished...

But with these new thin sharp foam pads and thin microfiber pads on the market you can now use your Griot's 3" Mini Polisher to remove swirls.

Thanks for the reply Mike. I may have to buy another GG3 and give it a try with these new pads. I'll for sure be buying some for my GG6's. When do y'all expect to have the plate and pads in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

very cool ill be placeing a order soon for these pads. thank you for the review Mike !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast