autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Review: The Belt at Autogeek.com

Review: The Belt at Autogeek.com

What's in the bag?

The Belt comes in two packages that include everything you need to assemble The Belt and turn yourself into a speed machine!

Just to note...
    There's a plastic flap on the bottom, backside of each bag that simply peels apart so you can get The Belt and it's various components out of the bag without ripping or cutting the bag open. (make it easy on yourself)

Here's the sturdy nylon belt with velcro fasteners at each end as well as the included four pockets and a power cord tie all laid out after removing from the bags.

Four Pockets
    The Belt comes with four pockets of various widths and depth. No matter what brand of products, tools or towels you use, there's a pocket that will be the perfect fit for whatever you choose to use when detailing a car, motorhome, motorcycle, boat or aircraft.

Due credit where credit is due
    Kevin Davis is the genius behind The Belt at Autogeek. His standards for the highest quality materials and workmanship means years of unfailing service in the most punishing environments.

Assembling The Belt is easy
    Simply slide one end of the belt through the sleeves sewn into the top of each pocket. You can arrange the pockets to fit your preferences, style and needs for the way you detail.

Here's my preference for assembling the pockets to my personal belt...

Keep that cord over your shoulder!
    The cord strap is to affix the cord of your polisher to your side so that when you place the cord coming out of the end of the tool over your shoulder it's less likely to slide off. The best placement of the cord strap is behind you so thread it onto the belt last. Of course the reason we all place the cord over our shoulder when buffing out cars is to avoid having the cord dangle in front of us thus dragging against the paint potentially scratching the paint. You could also use this for a towel holder by moving it to the front.

Maximum adjust-ability
    The belt is approximately 47" long. One end of the belt has approximately 23" of hook material while the other end of the belt has approximately 23" of loop material for a secure, universal fit for just about anyone of any size.

Generous hook-n-loop material for a secure, universal fit

The Belt - an Autogeek exclusive

On Autogeek.com

The Belt

Mike Phillips

Re: The Belt at Autogeek.com

The Belt in action!

I've been detailing cars all my life and the handiest thing to come down the pipeline that I've ever used is The Belt. This simple tool is pure genius. It's like having your own personal detailing helper around to make every thing you do faster and more efficient. I guarantee you that after you start using The Belt you'll never detail anything again without it.

Whether you detail cars for fun or profit, The Belt will save you time and energy.

If you detail cars for fun, like taking care of your own vehicles, The Belt will save you time and energy by reducing the number of steps you take walking back and forth for all over your garage chasing down your products, tools and towels.

If you detail cars for profit, then The Belt will increase your profitability by decreasing wasted step which reduces wasted time. Plus instead of exerting energy walking all over the place wearing yourself out you'll keep your energy focused where it needs be and that's detailing a car.

The Belt enables you to keep your most commonly used tool for any procedure with you in real time so the tools you need available instantly at the exact time you need them. Whether you want to apply more compound, polish or wax for buffing out the next section or cleaning your pad on the fly immediately after buffing a section so you can work clean while cutting out wasted time walking back and forth to a workbench or cart.

The various pockets that come with The Belt offer a generous amount of space to hold your favorite tools and products.

With The Belt you can keep tools, products, clean pads and clean microfiber towels at your side ready to go!

My favorite pocket

Having my compound, polish or wax in a pocket on the belt is so handy that after you detail just one car you'll never be without The Belt again. But my favorite pocket is the Cell Phone Pocket!

With the Cell Phone Pocket you'll never miss a call, which could be potential customer or a family emergency!

Plus it's safe and protected since it won't fall out potentially breaking the phone or just as bad... breaking the touch screen!

• Detail faster
    • Save time
    • Save energy!

Get yourself The Belt today!

On Autogeek.com

The Belt

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: The Belt at Autogeek.com

***Update***

We'll have The Belt at all future Thursday night detailing classes and at all future Competition Ready 3-day Detailing Classes!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up Mike! My anniversary is coming up. May have to nudge the wifey into getting me one! Ha-ha
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

That's very cool! Great way to keep products on hand as you are working around the vehicle. Much easier to pull them out of the belt rather than off the floor or wherever you put the product last.

Nice bundle packages that have been put together. This bundle would surely handle the on the go detailer.
    Tools of the Trade Kit

Thanks for sharing.

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw you wearing it at cars and coffee. I have one from Kevin. And it is great. It really is a time saver. Ca't really do any details without this belt. Great to see that you guys have it now.
    561 Car Detailing Gtechniq Accredited Detailer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by antti@561detailing View Post

I saw you wearing it at cars and coffee. I have one from Kevin. And it is great. It really is a time saver. Can't really do any details without this belt.

Great to see that you guys have it now.

Besides saving time, steps and energy, it also helps you to work clean.

I preach working clean in all my classes, videos, articles and how-to books. Cleanliness is important because clearcoats paints scratch easily. By keeping the product you're using in your belt pocket, (assuming your belt pocket is clean), you avoid small particles of dirt that you might otherwise get onto the base of the bottle if you were setting it down on the ground or a dirty cart or workbench. If there's dirt on the bottle that you don't know about and you hold the bottle over a buffing pad to apply product like this,

If there were any dirt particles on the bottle they could drop off and onto the pad unbeknown to you and then you risk buffing the abrasive particles into the paint. So at one level, keeping the product you're using in your clean belt pocket helps you to as I like to say,

Work Clean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    The Belt in action!

I've been detailing cars all my life and the handiest thing to come down the pipeline that I've ever used is The Belt. This simple tool is pure genius. It's like having your own personal detailing helper around to make every thing you do faster and more efficient. I guarantee you that after you start using The Belt you'll never detail anything again without it.

Whether you detail cars for fun or profit, The Belt will save you time and energy.

If you detail cars for fun, like taking care of your own vehicles, The Belt will save you time and energy by reducing the number of steps you take walking back and forth for all over your garage chasing down your products, tools and towels.

If you detail cars for profit, then The Belt will increase your profitability by decreasing wasted step which reduces wasted time. Plus instead of exerting energy walking all over the place wearing yourself out you'll keep your energy focused where it needs be and that's detailing a car.

The Belt enables you to keep your most commonly used tool for any procedure with you in real time so the tools you need available instantly at the exact time you need them. Whether you want to apply more compound, polish or wax for buffing out the next section or cleaning your pad on the fly immediately after buffing a section so you can work clean while cutting out wasted time walking back and forth to a workbench or cart.

The various pockets that come with The Belt offer a generous amount of space to hold your favorite tools and products.

With The Belt you can keep tools, products, clean pads and clean microfiber towels at your side ready to go!

My favorite pocket

Having my compound, polish or wax in a pocket on the belt is so handy that after you detail just one car you'll never be without The Belt again. But my favorite pocket is the Cell Phone Pocket!

With the Cell Phone Pocket you'll never miss a call, which could be potential customer or a family emergency!

Plus it's safe and protected since it won't fall out potentially breaking the phone or just as bad... breaking the touch screen!

• Detail faster
    • Save time
    • Save energy!

Get yourself The Belt today!

On Autogeek.com

The Belt

Nice belt!!!

Side question, do you have the secret code for the vending machines in your garage? Or do you have to pay for the drinks as well?

Just got me curious lol.
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any plans to just sell the Belt by itself? just wondering.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jomax View Post

Nice belt!!!
    I actually really like wearing it when working on cars, just because it's so handy. I primarily use one pocket for my phone as I don't like phone clips and another pocket for my product, be it a compound, polish or wax.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomax View Post

Side question, do you have the secret code for the vending machines in your garage?

Or do you have to pay for the drinks as well?

Just got me curious lol.
    Good question... I've quit drinking all those types of drinks. I try to stick with the Whole 30 Diet, which is basically cut out all the processed chemicals out of your food and drinks. I bring my own La Croix sparkling waters to work to drink instead.

I used to be a Mountain Dew fiend but now days it's real water, La Croix or coffee, both hot and iced coffee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast