autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: The Belt at Autogeek.com

Outstanding Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffnopus View Post
    Are there any plans to just sell the Belt by itself? just wondering.
    "The Belt" is co-branded with Detailer's Helper, which was created by Kevin Davis. "The Belt" is identical to the Detailer's Helper Belt, minus the color/name differences.

The retail price for the Detailer's Helper Belt is $59.99, which is the same price as our kits featuring "The Belt" and a handful of other cool stuff.

These special introductory kit prices won't last long. Choose a kit that works for you and reap the time-saving benefits of The Belt!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, where is the belt made?

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing that sets you apart if your out and about being mobile.Little things like that make you look so professional in your detailing skills and people will pick that up right away .

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post

Wearing that sets you apart if your out and about being mobile.

Little things like that make you look so professional in your detailing skills and people will pick that up right away .

Nice point Jeff.

And I agree.

If a person is doing mobile detailing, (and I did this for years), your customer and any potential customer at your job site is strongly affected by their first impressions of you and also your work vehicle. Having a clean, detailed work vehicle is a must. Looking detailed yourself, and by this I mean, looking clean, wearing a shirt with your business logo, etc is also a must.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the mobile detailer I saw here in town a few years ago working in a parking lot washing cars. His white van was brown with so much dirt and road grime built up on it. No shine to the paint at all.

It made it hard for me to make the connection that he was actually a person that could make a car look nice.

Also just to note - Jeff's Mobile Detail Van ALWAYS looks immaculate. The next time Jeff is here for one of our Thursday Night Detailing Classes I'll take a picture and post it to this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

what a good looking focus too!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 2001mikez28 View Post

what a good looking focus too!
    One of our staff, Mike Morr, recently purchased this Ford Focus and he's quite the detailer so maybe we'll see a write-up in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

As an "infrequent driveway detailer" I didn't think I would need The Belt... until you mentioned the possibility of dirt particles dropping on the pad as we apply more product. I am always placing the polish or wax bottles on the nearest flat surface without thinking of how clean that surface is. No need for self inflicted wounds!
    Also, with the time limitations on the weekend with two young kids, saving a few minutes would be great. I can only imagine the efficiency this would offer full time detailers (Time is money). One more item for the wish list!

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up Mike!

The Belt is a great way to save time and energy while you are detailing, whether a pro or a hobbyist detailer!

I'm excited for this partnership between Detailer's Helper and Autogeek that will bring this awesome, quality tool belt to their customers!

Kevin Davis
    Detailer's Helper
    Kevin Davis - Detailer's Helper
    Detailing Tool Belts Detailer's Helper
    Facebook: Detailer's Helper

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PGBCruiser View Post

I am always placing the polish or wax bottles on the nearest flat surface without thinking of how clean that surface is.
    Page 102 of my book addresses topics like having a clean place to set your tools, towels and products.

Quote Originally Posted by PGBCruiser View Post

Also, with the time limitations on the weekend with two young kids, saving a few minutes would be great.

I can only imagine the efficiency this would offer full time detailers (Time is money). One more item for the wish list!

We will be demonstrating The Belt for our Tech Session at tomorrow's Cars & Coffee car show.

I had a guy ask me today how it could save time and all I had to do was mimic detailing a car by using a product, setting it down, working the product then walking back to the workbench to get the product - again. Multiple this by hundreds of times for the normal detail job and it becomes pretty clear how it can save time.

Post Thanks / Like

First impression was great for someone who does this for a living but a hobbyist, not so much.
    This morning microfiber fell off my shoulder while bending over to pick up a bottle of QD. Must rethink this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12