autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

NEW Product Review - 2 cool products to make cleaning and protecting your wheels fast and easy!

NEW Product Review - SONAX Wheel Rim Shield & Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner 3.0

Here's two new products to make cleaning and protecting your wheels fast and easy!

SONAX Wheel Rim Shield & Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner 3.0

So I start my day like I normally do and that's turning the lights on in the garage, making sure all the tools, extension cords and other items are put away so the garage looks great and is ready for work and Nick walks in with a couple of new products and asks me,

Hey Mike, I have a couple of new product to test out, you want to give me a hand?

The two new products are SONAX Wheel Rim Shield and an updated version of an already great wheel cleaner, Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner 3.0. SONAX and Wolfgang make great products so I say,

Sure! Let's do it!

In order to test them out we need a cool car with cool looking dirty wheels. So we go outside and start walking the line. Walking the line is a term for walking down the rows of cars in the parking lot and inspecting them in an effort to find a car suitable for testing and product reviews. There are plenty of cars with really dirty wheels but they miss the mark for the other criteria and that is the car has to hold it's own for the "cool factor", both the car and the wheels. I come across Darlene's 2016 Audi which is both cool and has cool looking wheels. So this will be our Guinea Pig.

Here's the passenger front wheel. This car has been upgraded to high performance, low dusting ceramic brake pads.

Not to bad huh?
    To my eyes this wheel looks fairly clean. But this is why I like the Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner and that's because after I spray this wheel down the bleeding effect is going to show you a film of brake dust that you're eyes simply cannot see.

Great tools make any job easier

Here's my choice for wheel cleaning tools...

Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner 3.0
    Twice as strong as the original version and the chemical odor has been suppressed. Safe on ALL wheels.

Speed Master Wheel Brush
    The Speed Master Wheel Brush makes getting the barrels and backs of the spokes clean fast and easy. The only way to do a better job would be to remove the wheels so for most people, this brush is a must-have tool.

Speed Master Jr. Wheel Cleaning Brush
    This smaller size comes in handy for getting into tighter areas where the full size simply is overkill.

Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush
    My absolute favorite brush for safely cleaning the face of wheels and also for cosmetic engine detailing.

Famous Detailing Brush
    Couldn't detail cars without this 1" round detailing brush. It makes getting into the nooks & crannies easy.

Speed Master Wheel Cleaning Brush, Speed Master Jr. Wheel Cleaning Brush and Wheel Woolies Boar's Hair Wheel Brush

1" Round Famous Detailing Brush

Mike Phillips

Re: 3 cool products to make cleaning and protecting your wheels and tires fast and easy!

Continued...

Always work on a cool surface in the shade
    The car arrived here bout 3 hours ago so the wheel, rotor and brakes have all had plenty of time to cool down.

Twice as strong with dramatically less odor
    The updated 3.0 version is now twice as strong and just as important to some of you - the chemical odor has been suppressed. This makes it much easier on the nose and a lot more pleasant to work with.

Spray the back of the wheel barrel, then the backs of the spokes (as best as you can), and then the face of the wheel and spokes.

Allow the wheel cleaner to dwell for about 2-3 minutes
    If there's any brake dust present you'll see the Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner dissolve the brake dust and the result of the chemical reaction is called the bleeding effect as it looks like your wheels are bleeding.

In a previous picture the wheels look fairly clean? But Uber Wheel Cleaner tells another story.

Mike Phillips

Re: 3 cool products to make cleaning and protectiong your wheels and tires fast and easy!

Continued....

Now here's how to get your car's wheels clean - start with the Speed Master Wheel Brush and clean the wheel barrels.

Next, bend the flexible vinyl coated shaft to make a U-shape

Now clean the back of the wheel spokes...

If you like your wheels to look clean and what to prevent a build-up of brake dust and road grime on the barrels of the wheels and behind the spokes then you need the Speed Master Wheel Brush.

Mike Phillips

Re: 3 cool products to make cleaning and protectiong your wheels and tires fast and easy!

Continued...

The perfect wheel cleaning brush
    This is my favorite wheel cleaning brush. Why? Because the bristle are perfect for effective cleaning. They are stout enough to agitate the wheel cleaner but still flexible enough to bend and flex so the ends of the bristles can get into intricate areas. At the same time they won't scratch so they're safe for any finish.

Not only are the bristles the perfect combination of not to soft or not to stiff but the ends are flagged so they thousands of tips can agitate wheel cleaner in tight cracks, crevices and other wheel designs.

After you use the Wheel Woolies black wheel brush one time you'll agree they are the perfect wheel cleaning brush. I use them for cosmetic engine detailing for the same reasons I like them for wheel cleaning.

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Big cleaning from a tiny brush

If you consider yourself a tick on the OCD side, then you probably already own this brush. If you don't? Then get one. You'll never wash your car without one again and you'll find hundreds of other uses for this brush that will make cleaning and detailing your car faster and easier.

The bristles are made from pig hair. and the ends are feathers or flagged which means they are split to create double and triple the number of bristles agitating the surface when you're cleaning.

Rinse well

After using the Speed Master Wheel Brush, the Wheel Woolies Boar's Hair Wheel Brush and the Famous Detailing Brush to agitate the Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner 3.0 you're ready to blast the rim with water to flush it clean.

Mike Phillips

Re: 3 cool products to make cleaning and protecting your wheels and tires fast and easy!

Continued...

After rinsing your wheels, take a few moments to dry any water drops off to avoid water spots. For this we recommend the black multipurpose wheel detailing towels. The idea being that the black color is a Color Code which means these towels are reserved for use on wheels and tires only. Never use your wheel and tires towels on your car's paint to avoid any potential risk for cross-contamination of brake dust particles trapped in the nap. Also because it's common for towels to become stained when working on tires, since these towels start out black stains won't stand out.

Wipe and pat your rims dry using a black microfiber wheel and tire towel

Here's a tip...

Wrap a clean, black wheel and tire microfiber towel around your Speed Master Jr. Wheel Brush and use it to dry hard to reach areas.

Now that's a clean wheel. It's so clean the wheel barrels behind the spokes are shining!

This wheel is now ready for the next step.

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Next up - time to apply the SONAX Wheel Rim Shield

SONAX Wheel Rim Shield is a spray-on coating that that provides both protection and shine for up to 6 weeks. SONAX Wheel Rim Shield can be used on all types of rims including,

• Chrome
    • Polished
    • Painted
    • Alloy
    • Steel

Aerosol application is simple - Use just like a can of spray paint

The real key to using SONAX Wheel Rim Shield is to start with an absolutely clean and dry wheel. Next shake the can well and the spray the wheel surfaces with a light sweeping motion to mist the Wheel Rim Shield onto the rim with a uniform application.

One hour drying time

Allow the SONAX Wheel Rim Shield to dry for at least one hour. During this time do not move the vehicle or touched the treated surfaces.

j

Mike Phillips

Continued....

SONAX Gloss Tire Dressing

After the SONAX Wheel Rim Shield has dried for one hour, now is the perfect time to restore a crisp, deep dark shine to your tires for the finishing touch.

Use a Flex Foam Tire Dressing Applicator to apply the SONAX Tire Gloss Gel to your car's tires.

Soft buff for a perfect matte finish

After applying the SONAX Tire Gloss Gel give the sidewalls a soft buff using a black microfiber towel. This final wipe will prevent any tire dressing sling in case you applied too much and it will also tone down the shine for the perfect, like new appearance to your car's tires.

Perfect satin black appearance!

High gloss option

If you like the high gloss look then skip wiping the sidewalls down with a microfiber towel but be sure to allow the SONAX Tire Gloss Gel to dry to the touch before driving.

Mike Phillips

Re: NEW Product Review - 2 cool products to make cleaning and protecting your wheels fast and easy!

Continued....

Here are the results!

Perfect wheel and perfect tires!

Now that this front passenger wheel and tire are perfectly cleaned, protected and dressed all Nick has to do is finish the other three wheel and tires.

On Autogeek.com

SONAX Wheel Rim Shield

SONAX Tire Gloss Gel

Speed Master Wheel Brush

Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush

Famous Detailing Brush

Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towels - 6 Pack

Flex Foam Tire Dressing Applicator - 3 Pack

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW Product Review - 2 cool products to make cleaning and protecting your wheels fast and easy!

Wheels looks great and the paint is not too shabby. Did Nick do the paint work for Darlene?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast