autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Wash Chart

They'll likely be more products to add after SEMA and possibly even throughout the next few months.

Some of the sites have confusing numbers that I have found. I've never mentioned it on the forum before, but it seems that some of the ratios that are mentioned don't match up with the numbers when you start doing calculations. However, that last time I was crunching numbers was several months ago and I can't recall which sites had fishy numbers.

Further more, what's interesting is the labeling on some of these products. The directions for mixing seem to be the same on smaller bottles as they do for the big bottles.

Now, some of you may be thinking; well...duh...Bill...but bare with me. Some products that I've seen don't give a measured amount of product to mix with water. It'll say a cap full. No kidding...a cap full...that sounds great. Hold on! The cap on a pint or quart bottle is much smaller than that of a gallon jug and no exant amount is given to mix with water then it botches everything in my book.

Again, it's been awhile since I visited the sites of some of these "skeptical" mixing ratios. Those sites may give exact amounts to mix with water now.

I just wanted to throw that out there. You have to be careful.

Another thing is how the present the ratio. Is it 4:1 or 1:4. They most certainly are NOT the same ratios unless they mention product to chemical or chemical to product. Simply throwing out a ratio isn't good enough. You can't always assume that the number 1 ,in the ration 4:1, designates the amount of product. The manufacturer should and generally does specify at least one of the numbers to be designated as a product value. If they provide that, then it doesn't matter how the ratio is written.
    Last edited by Hoytman; 10-31-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I can add new products as they are released. Which ratios don't seem to be correct? The math could be off and I will correct them. The Dilution Ratio is displayed Water/Product.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    They'll likely be more products to add after SEMA and possibly even throughout the next few months.

Some of the sites have confusing numbers that I have found. I've never mentioned it on the forum before, but it seems that some of the ratios that are mentioned don't match up with the numbers when you start doing calculations. However, that last time I was crunching numbers was several months ago and I can't recall which sites had fishy numbers.

Further more, what's interesting is the labeling on some of these products. The directions for mixing seem to be the same on smaller bottles as they do for the big bottles.

Now, some of you may be thinking; well...duh...Bill...but bare with me. Some products that I've seen don't give a measured amount of product to mix with water. It'll say a cap full. No kidding...a cap full...that sounds great. Hold on! The cap on a pint or quart bottle is much smaller than that of a gallon jug and no exant amount is given to mix with water then it botches everything in my book.

Again, it's been awhile since I visited the sites of some of these "skeptical" mixing ratios. Those sites may give exact amounts to mix with water now.

I just wanted to throw that out there. You have to be careful.

Another thing is how the present the ratio. Is it 4:1 or 1:4. They most certainly are NOT the same ratios unless they mention product to chemical or chemical to product. Simply throwing out a ratio isn't good enough. You can't always assume that the number 1 ,in the ration 4:1, designates the amount of product. The manufacturer should and generally does specify at least one of the numbers to be designated as a product value. If they provide that, then it doesn't matter how the ratio is written.

Post Thanks / Like

Great chart! I have always wanted to do something like this.
    JJKACZ

Post Thanks / Like

Few Updates:

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Wors,
    I wasn't trying to suggest your chart was off, rather, that while looking at sites related to certain products the numbers didn't match up (the recommended ounce per use vs. the touted maximum dilution ratios on a given products webpage). Again, that was several months ago that I noticed this and I don't recall which products. My comments were mainly for people to be on the look out and to check the recommended ounces per use against the ratios...check the product website recommendations that is...ounces of product mix with water...and see if the touted ratios correlate.

Also, my comments on how the ratios were written was meant to show others that may be reading the some websites list the ratios with the small number as the leading number. I am used to seeing ratios in this industry and in other industries, and as you've listed them in your charts, with the large number as the leading number and always specifying at least one value and generally both values.

In short, my earlier comments were not complaints about your charts. Your charts are fine. Did I explain that any better this time?

I'm fairly certain that the prices on Garry Dean's site do not reflect the 20% SEMA discount. The gallons normally run $127.99 not $160 unless he's recently almost doubled the price. Version 1 was only $99 a gallon.
    Last edited by Hoytman; 10-31-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

that is very cool

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Are you guys all using 2 gallons of water on rinseless washes? I use 4 gallons. I think 2 gallons is too little if you are using a grit guard IMO!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

nice, this is very helpful..

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima, Poorboy's and Griot's are absent. Eco Touch as well.
    I figured the cost of UWW, Poorboy's and Griots a few months ago.
    UWW was quite inexpensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Very nice. Are you guys all using 2 gallons of water on rinseless washes? I use 4 gallons. I think 2 gallons is too little if you are using a grit guard IMO!
    I agree that with a Grit Guard 2 gallons is too little. I always use 4 gallons as well and find that to be just about right.
    Buddy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast