autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys Products?

I have saw several post which have products from different manufactures broken down into categories like waxes, cleaner waxes, glazes, and the like. Does anyone know where all the Chemical Guys products fit into the different categories? There are so many that appear to be close the same. Just wondering?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Products?

CG has the most unorthadox marketing department on the planet. Their web site is a joke. What isn't a joke is their products. They simply work and are some of the easiest products to use anywhere... Even though few people actually know what they are supposed to do. Lava is a great example. They will tell you on the phone it's not a wax or a sealant. Their web site has it posted under glazes. Who the hell knows? They have great products that they don't even have on their USA web site at all like Glossworkz glaze. Amazing stuff but you have to call to get some. They have some of the best MF towels at a great price.

A very interesting company to say the least.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are interested in any products, the members here will do their best to explain what category it is in and what it is meant to do.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

An AG interpreter is a good idea. Blacklight another example. Great product. Nowhere does it say it's an AIO but it is. It will remove anything applied before it along with small swirls with a polishing pad and its a sealant...so it's not really a glaze but their web site has it labeled as a glaze. It's crazy.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    An AG interpreter is a good idea. Blacklight another example. Great product. Nowhere does it say it's an AIO but it is. It will remove anything applied before it along with small swirls with a polishing pad and its a sealant...so it's not really a glaze but their web site has it labeled as a glaze. It's crazy.
    Very good point! I always here about people being confused about this product being a glaze or having abrasives in it.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Not only CG does that with naming, for example Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is not a glaze it's a finishing polish.

Maybe because I've used CG products for a long time I know their names but most are put in the category where they have some product synergy.

Heck I'm still trying to get used to the new Menz names so maybe I have been using certain stuff too long.

If you have specific questions on specific products post it up. Also theCG folks are very helpful so call them maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    CG has the most unorthadox marketing department on the planet. Their web site is a joke. What isn't a joke is their products. They simply work and are some of the easiest products to use anywhere... Even though few people actually know what they are supposed to do. Lava is a great example. They will tell you on the phone it's not a wax or a sealant. Their web site has it posted under glazes. Who the hell knows? They have great products that they don't even have on their USA web site at all like Glossworkz glaze. Amazing stuff but you have to call to get some. They have some of the best MF towels at a great price.

A very interesting company to say the least.
    And at their retail shop Lava is inbetween XXX hardcore and Pete's 53.

I agree the website, and some of thier product labels, is what I would expect from some high school kids learning HTML. Hopefully their newer labels are a sign that they are polishing thie aspect of their image.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    Very good point! I always here about people being confused about this product being a glaze or having abrasives in it.
    CG should call it an 'aglazive sealant'!

Post Thanks / Like

They have...no lie...the worst website I've ever tried to use...PERIOD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaboy007 View Post
    They have...no lie...the worst website I've ever tried to use...PERIOD.
    I absolutely agree.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast