autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Products?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    As someone who goes to their shop here in Los Angeles, I can attest to the fact it is MicroFiber heaven.

I really like CG Stuff, just got some Jetseal and 5050 wax, so I'm eager to use it. However I love their little red foam applicator pads for wax and such. They are great and cheap!
    I wish Cali wasn't 3,000 miles away it's probably an awesome place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    I wish Cali wasn't 3,000 miles away it's probably an awesome place.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ad.php?t=47639

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Would you guys recommend their leather cleaner and conditioner?

It looks so easy to apply and wipe off. I am mighty tempted.

Post Thanks / Like

cg sell to any one and will put your name as you like on there stuff so you can sell it as yours.Thats y they dont put to much info on there stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

yes long shipping times 2 weeks for me in sw fl thats y ag get 90% of my orders. 1 day shipping means i dont have to stock so much and keep the over head down. helps me so much.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Chemical Guys Products?

Are there any local stores in memphis Tenessee and Sanford Florida which sell Chemical Guys products???

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaboy007 View Post
    They have...no lie...the worst website I've ever tried to use...PERIOD.

I don't mind the website as much as when I call them for 411. I get 3 different answers from 3 different people every time I call. I never end up ordering from them because I am so confused. I also like how the videos that Greg makes have different directions from the actual product. EX. CG video of EcoSmart says makes 10:1 but the bottle says 8:1. I called them on this and got an answer all the way up to 20:1 from one person. LOL, I use the lowest ratio to be safe. I would like to buy all their products to try but they confuse me and it makes my money go to other name brands that are more clear. I do use a few SMARTWAX products (sister company of theirs) and love them. GET IT TOGETHER CG's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stilltipping3 View Post
    I don't mind the website as much as when I call them for 411. I get 3 different answers from 3 different people every time I call. I never end up ordering from them because I am so confused. I also like how the videos that Greg makes have different directions from the actual product. EX. CG video of EcoSmart says makes 10:1 but the bottle says 8:1. I called them on this and got an answer all the way up to 20:1 from one person. LOL, I use the lowest ratio to be safe. I would like to buy all their products to try but they confuse me and it makes my money go to other name brands that are more clear. I do use a few SMARTWAX products (sister company of theirs) and love them. GET IT TOGETHER CG's.
    CG is VERY confusing. Just as a general rule.

For starters, a lot of the videos aren't very good. I guess they are trying to be 'cool', but they are trying a little too hard to be funny and not really saying anything in some videos. They also, despite being a pretty substantial company, can't seem to buy a good mic. Muddy, mono audio makes it hard to understand! (This is slightly improved in some of the newer videos).

That, and they have a bagillion products for everything. There's gotta be a dozen car washes! And the nomenclature doesn't always make a lot of sense. Always these hip, cool names like "Mr Pink", but it doesn't actually tell you what the product does.

Don't get me wrong, I like, own, and use their products. But they are really confusing, as a company, and it has steered me elsewhere at times.

Griot's Garage really has that down better than anyone I think. Know what their car wash is called? Car wash. The spray wax? Spray wax. Give you three guesses as to what they call their quick detailer? Nope, Gotcha, 'spray and shine', but that's as creative as they get!

Their polishes? No it's not V92 or 56k or 9600 baud, it's just 'Machine Polish', 1 through 5.

Chemical Guys seems like they are trying to be the hip/cool company trying to attract young car guys (and gals) into the world of detailing. So, I should be their target market! But, it's not working. Because I AM new into the world of detailing, and weird, completely unrelated product names and sometimes helpful, but sometimes useless (meaning I don't know how helpful the helpful ones really are?) videos, and super confusing product names filling up an already enormous product line, they are a very intimidating brand for a newbie like myself. That, combined with product instructions on the label differing from videos which, sometimes, differ still from instructions on the website! (Maybe if they didn't have SO MANY PRODUCTS, many of which do the same thing, they could keep track?)

Well that's my little mini-rant on CG.

By the way, just realized that pretty much the only products from CG I own are the more down-to-earth named products. LOL. I've got their pad cleaner, clay lube, and a bunch of their hex-logic pads. I have a 'diverse' collection though, with meguiars, DP, Wolfgang, and others on the shelf
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    CG is VERY confusing. Just as a general rule.

For starters, a lot of the videos aren't very good. I guess they are trying to be 'cool', but they are trying a little too hard to be funny and not really saying anything in some videos. They also, despite being a pretty substantial company, can't seem to buy a good mic. Muddy, mono audio makes it hard to understand! (This is slightly improved in some of the newer videos).

That, and they have a bagillion products for everything. There's gotta be a dozen car washes! And the nomenclature doesn't always make a lot of sense. Always these hip, cool names like "Mr Pink", but it doesn't actually tell you what the product does.

Don't get me wrong, I like, own, and use their products. But they are really confusing, as a company, and it has steered me elsewhere at times.

Griot's Garage really has that down better than anyone I think. Know what their car wash is called? Car wash. The spray wax? Spray wax. Give you three guesses as to what they call their quick detailer? Nope, Gotcha, 'spray and shine', but that's as creative as they get!

Their polishes? No it's not V92 or 56k or 9600 baud, it's just 'Machine Polish', 1 through 5.

Chemical Guys seems like they are trying to be the hip/cool company trying to attract young car guys (and gals) into the world of detailing. So, I should be their target market! But, it's not working. Because I AM new into the world of detailing, and weird, completely unrelated product names and sometimes helpful, but sometimes useless (meaning I don't know how helpful the helpful ones really are?) videos, and super confusing product names filling up an already enormous product line, they are a very intimidating brand for a newbie like myself. That, combined with product instructions on the label differing from videos which, sometimes, differ still from instructions on the website! (Maybe if they didn't have SO MANY PRODUCTS, many of which do the same thing, they could keep track?)

Well that's my little mini-rant on CG.

By the way, just realized that pretty much the only products from CG I own are the more down-to-earth named products. LOL. I've got their pad cleaner, clay lube, and a bunch of their hex-logic pads. I have a 'diverse' collection though, with meguiars, DP, Wolfgang, and others on the shelf
    Totally true. It took me like a week to figure out the difference between maxisuds, mr pink, and honeydew.... And I can't even remember what it is.
    Seems like they always say you "can" dilute their products 50,000,000,000,000,000,000 : 1, but in the videos they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the way it's hip to bag CG product names, but DoDo Juice and their naming always gets a free pass.

I'm sorry but at least half this industry depends on marketing and hype, and if CG is playing to it then let's drag down every company that has over-hyped non-relevant names,

I mean trying to sell product, just what are those people thinking!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast