autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Products?

I just bought a white car so I'm interested in CG's White Wax. But is it a wax or a sealant or a glaze or an AIO?

Should I use their WhiteLight first then apply the White Wax? That is what I infer from their description but why use "Finish" in a product that goes on right after claying?

I prefer to read Ernest Hemingway, not Henry James.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d33p View Post
    The happy ending towel are made in Korea and look just like the edgeless towels from Rag Company.
    I have both Happy Ending and Eagle Edgeless from TRC. I thought the Happy Endings were the best MF when I first got them really super soft until it came time to put both into action.....QD/WW/ Spray Wax ect
    Absolutely NO Comparison, the Eagle Edgeless crushed them in a landslide. (It's also crushed every MF I've had)
    It's very strange and difficult to describe. It's almost as if the fibers in the Happy Ending are Virtual lol...they don't seem to absorb anything or quickly. Maybe it's been one too many times with grandpa's cough medicine for me.

Quality CG Products IMHO that I have tried, no particular order:

Inner Clean...if you like matte finish, good cleaning power, fresh scent (Pineapple, but not overbearing) some UV Protection and it's readily apparent DUST absolutely hates it (DustaPhobic Big Time) this is the one for you; Quality Product.

UFO Foam Applicators

Leather Conditioner. I haven't tried many but this did a good job restoring mine...08 Honda Accord. Scent is Excellent, smells like a new car everytime I get in.

Pete's 53: WOWO seriously. Don't let this dwell, you'll need a Jack Hammer to get it off. Very Nice Wax...it'll probably gather some dust on the shelf however, since Colli #845 is blocking the view

Wholly Mammoth: If you threw 2 of these in Lake Erie, they'd have to close Niagara Falls and rename it Niagara Cliffs.

Speed Wipe: Excellent for Windows and Chrome, Nice Scent...Cherry-like. Don't think this is gonna replace D156 anytime soon.

Maxi Suds II: Good Lubricity. Foams almost as well as DP Xtreme Foam Formula via my Gilmour Foam Gun.

Agree with the website and product confusion/overlap as mentioned and don't appreciate the "risqué" overtones with the product line....it's contrived and juvenile.

hope it helps
    "The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." --Werner Heisenberg (Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, Nobel laureate Physics)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bbattle View Post
    I just bought a white car so I'm interested in CG's White Wax. But is it a wax or a sealant or a glaze or an AIO?

Should I use their WhiteLight first then apply the White Wax? That is what I infer from their description but why use "Finish" in a product that goes on right after claying?

I prefer to read Ernest Hemingway, not Henry James.
    DoDo Lightfantastic or Supernatural. My friend just bought a white Audi A6, didn't listen to me, bought that CG stuff, well enough said.

Or this great combo, my wifes car:

BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Combo

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

too many overlapping products with CG's and the only thing I am remotely interested in that they have is their soaps. but when you have dg901/02, hyper wash, and 3d pink car soap (for example).. that are every bit as good if not better, there really isn't a need to even use any of their soaps IMO. too much gimmick with them and it gets old real quick, and not to mention their customer service lacks which would be another reason not to buy anything from them...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys in my limited experience has been really hit-or-miss. Their products for me are polarizing, some working excellent and as described, and others falling way short of expectations. One thing that I can attest to as many others have pointed out is the longevity of their LSP products, which is lacking to say the least. Some of my experience with their products as follows:

WAC_11_16 Liquid Carnauba Extreme Depth + X Seal- this stuff is awesome, imo. Goes on easy, buffs off easy, and the finish it leaves is awesome. Can't really say to much about longevity yet though.

WAC707RU EcoSmart-RU Ready to Use Waterless Car Wash and Wax
    - This was another product I was impressed with and have purchased multiple times. Smells great, works great, and leaves a good finish. Due to the cost I use waterless wash products sparingly, but this is my "go to" waterless wash.

MIC33312 El Gordo Professional Extra Thick Supra Microfiber Towels I love these bright green towels. They are soft and the price is great. I have bought the 12 packs of these a bunch and use them often. Actually, most all of their towels are good.

TVD109 Silk Shine Sprayable Dressing- I actually like this dressing more than Aerospace 303's. I like to use this dressing on the cheaper plastic type interiors like those found in older domestic cars and trucks. I also like using it on fender liners

Chemical Guy's New Car and Honeydew Air Freshener- I really like these scents, Stripper is good as well, however, they don't really last long at all. A day at best?

Chemical Guys SPI_103 - Sprayable Leather Cleaner & Conditioner in One I've purchased this by the gallon a few times, it's one of my regular products I use for vehicles with leather interior that isn't super dirty. Has mild cleaning abilities, but I like the finish it leaves the most, as it's mainly a conditioner more than a cleaner it seems.

Chemical Guys WAC_310 - Lava Luminous Glow Infusion
    I expected a lot out of this based on the description. Despite being over twice as expensive as their liquid Carnauba Xtreme Depth LSP, it doesn't seem to leave a finish that's nearly as nice. Admittedly, I've only used it a few times and in relatively cold weather, so I'll have to try this again in the near future. In fairness, I don't use paste waxes a lot.

Black Light I was confused by this product, as I thought it was more of a glaze like Poorboy's World black hole. I was using it as such, and wasn't very impressed, in fact, I thought that for some reason afterwards it turned the vehicle into a dust magnet and didn't get nearly the same results as Black Hole. I later read here on autogeek by a poster that it's more of an AIO, and it had some correcting abilities. I didn't find that to be very true on the vehicles I used it on in that manner. Weather it was intended for this or not, I found that on 1 steps, I like to mix a tiny bit of it on my pad with Meg's D151 (my go to AIO) and it leaves a slightly glossier finish. All in all, a very expensive "additive". Poorboy's World Black Hole remains my go to "glaze".

CHEMICAL GUYS WAC_808 - HYBRID V7 OPTICAL SELECT HIGH GLOSS SPRAY SEALANT & QUICK DETAILER The "companion" to Blacklight, I purchased this one at the same time. "Sealant"? Not so sure about that. It's a great quick detailer, for sure. But an expensive one. Would I purchase again? Maybe. But when Meg's QD is considerably cheaper, it looks more and more doubtful as I approach the bottom of that gallon bottle.

CHEMICAL GUYS WAC_203_16 - JETSEAL MATTE SEALANT AND PAINT PROTECTANT I thought it was me who was screwing this one up on application when applying it to my matte vinyl wrapped work van. After leaving hazy white streaks all over, I went on autogeek for some reviews. Seems I wasn't the only one. No solution in sight. Bottle is pretty though...

CHEMICAL GUYS SPI_109_16 - LEATHER CLEANER & CONDITIONER COMPLETE LEATHER CARE KIT
    These two products proved to be actually pretty damn good. The leather cleaner worked great, and it's cleaning abilities were really good. Leaves a nice finish. The conditioner is good too, but for quick interiors I found it not to be as practical as their spray on cleaner and conditioner, so I found myself using that more than this 16oz bottle. I'd use the leather cleaner again for sure.

Chemical Guys CWS_107 - Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax - Car Wash Shampoo
    This wash works great and smells good. Price is actually very reasonable. While no replacement for a real wax after a wash, it does bead up water after a wash. Would purchase again.

Chemical Guys CLD105C Sticky Gel Citrus Wheel and Rim Cleaner Gel When opening the box, I had a serious "double U tee eff" moment as I examined the product. Wasn't a "gel", was a liquid. Wasn't really "sticky" either. What I did find it to be is one of the weakest cleaners in my arsenal. Says it can be diluted, but even at full strength it will struggle with moderately dirty wheels (as opposed to say, even Dub wheel cleaner from Wal Mart, which I actually prefer). At $30+ a gallon, I won't be using this after my supply is exhausted.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had experience with their Green Clean product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxtalonturbo View Post

MIC33312 El Gordo Professional Extra Thick Supra Microfiber Towels I love these bright green towels. They are soft and the price is great. I have bought the 12 packs of these a bunch and use them often. Actually, most all of their towels are good.
    Heavy co-sign...these towels are awesome.
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I will say I have those towels,orange bangers,workhorse and a few others and they are some of my favorite towels to use

Post Thanks / Like

I have their degreaser/APC, and their window cleaner. Both are incredible products. I diluted the window cleaner 2:1 (2 parts water), and the degreaser/APC 5:1 and that stuff cleaned up just about everything I put it on. Those are the only 2 products I've tried from them, but it looks like those might be the last haha.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I like about CG, I live in So Cal and it seems about 90% of their products are available on that big site that offers same day shipping. In a pinch I can order pretty good quality MF towels and get them the same day if needed. That's insane.

I <3 V7, I know it doesn't last long but it's quick and easy to apply and I can reapply it 2 times a week in a matter of minutes.

leather cleaner + the conditioner. LOVE how they make my leather feel, and they bring out such a great leather sent.

Rim Wax, haven't used another brand to compare, but it's pretty easy to apply and remove and leaves my rims super bling bling.

Blacklight, only glaze I've ever used but it gives great results. Isn't overly expensive and goes on and off with ease.

EcoSmart, I <3 this stuff, I used the older formula and it worked fantastic. I just recently ordered the new formula, having only used it once I can say it's even better. My car was mildly dirty with a decent amount of bird poop that wasn't exactly fresh. A 1 liter Kwazar sprayer + EcoSmart + 5 Buff & Shine towels. Just WOW for the results. There are more cost effective waterless products, but 1:16 is pretty good for the price imho. Unlike many other products CG doesn't give any sort of QD or lube dilution here. From what I remember they don't recommend using it as either. Still one of my go to products.

I've seen a few things mentioned in this thread I'm going to be ordering soon.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast