autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Goof Off vs 3M Adhesive Remover vs Brake Cleaner for removing sticky stuff

Guys,
    What can I use to remove the adhesive left on the trunk of my car? I bought an adhesive wheel but I don't feel comfortable using it. Can I use that Goo Gone extra strength product on the paint? Thanks
    Goof Off vs 3M Adhesive Remover vs Brake Cleaner for removing sticky stuff-trunk-emblem-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sixbanger View Post
    Guys,
    What can I use to remove the adhesive left on the trunk of my car? I bought an adhesive wheel but I don't feel comfortable using it. Can I use that Goo Gone extra strength product on the paint? Thanks
    Goof Off vs 3M Adhesive Remover vs Brake Cleaner for removing sticky stuff-trunk-emblem-jpg
    Goo B Gone - soak a clean cloth and press it on to the residue and let it soak/adsorb for a few moments. Try a pastic razor blade if the surrounding surface is clean. Otherwise, try using some fishing line back-n-forth and so on. I bit the bullet and rubbed at it with a MF cloth soaked in Goo B Gone and then polished out the marring I created.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 3M adhesive remover when I debadge vehicles. It melts the glue in seconds. Very happy with this product even if it is expensive (20$ for a can here in Canada). I have tried Goo Gone in the past and found it very ineffective. I still have a full bottle I never use. Goof off is acetone I think... might be wrong... if so, be very careful around plastic parts.

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the quart can of 3m remover and have used it to remove adhesive the goo gone and acetone would not remove. Still was a lot of work and plastic blades that day. I think I will skip the next large adhesive removal job directed my way.

Post Thanks / Like

The wheel is the way to go for big jobs. It's just a big eraser. Even if you get a little marring, it's still faster to use it and then a quick polish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12