autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meguiars MT300

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars MT300

So i bought meguiars MT300 less than a month ago,
    and used it for 3rd time yesterday....

middle of polishing, it started making odd noise from motor,
    .... like something was lose inside of it.
    Also i hear metal shaking noise when i turn it off and vibration is increased noticeably.

already talked to Palm Beach and sending it back for inspection/ exchange.

but I am not sure if I should get another MT300 or just invest little more maybe get FLEX 3401 or Rupes....

this was my first DA polisher after using cheap chicago rotary buffer..... which makes me little worried about this product.

anyone else having issue with this unit??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars MT300

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've read they are still having the power cord issue that they've had fo years. This sounds like it may be a different issue. If your only going to be doing a couple cars I would probably go with a PC or GG6. The GG6 has more power and a lifetime warranty. The GG Boss machines also have a lifetime warranty. Flex is a great machine. Not for everyone though, some don't like the forced rotation because you have to muscle it a little more at times. There may be a bit of a learning curve. I have a Flex, GG21, and PC DA's. The GG21 is definitely the smoothest machine. I'm sure some more people will chime in. The Flex, Rupes and GG Boss long throw machines are all great machines. They all have pros and cons. If you go with a GG6 or PC they are a little more versatile. You can go down to 3 inch backing plate and pads for tight areas. My personal opinion I'm sure several will disagree, but I think everyone should have a GG6/PC style machine. Since it appears your fairly new to polishing I would go with one of those as a first machine, then if you get serious about detailing then you can add more machines later and have time to research both types a little more. If your an experienced Detailer then disregard this. I'm assuming from the number of posts and the question you are fairly new...

Post Thanks / Like

What DaveT435 said!! Can't beat the lifetime warranty and excellent customer service from Griots!!

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's customer service is great as well. Their warranty needs an overhaul with this machine. 1 year is not going to cut it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Meguiar's customer service is great as well. Their warranty needs an overhaul with this machine. 1 year is not going to cut it.
    Neither is the 30 day return policy I've read about, and then you have to pay shipping both ways and repair costs too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I read somewhere.

I have a G110v2, but will not own another Meguiar's unit until they fix that return policy. If it has a year warranty a person shouldn't have to pay anything to have it shipped either way, or to have it repaired.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Neither is the 30 day return policy I've read about, and then you have to pay shipping both ways and repair costs too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I read somewhere.

I have a G110v2, but will not own another Meguiar's unit until they fix that return policy. If it has a year warranty a person shouldn't have to pay anything to have it shipped either way, or to have it repaired.
    Very true about that. Which is why I said they need to work on that 1 year warranty to cover everything.

I don't know about the 30 day return policy and whether that is true or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

Having to pay shipping for returning a product for repair is standard all manufacturing companies. The companies that do not charge the shipping fees or cover them are the very rare exceptions.

Post Thanks / Like

Meg's is prone to have their machines not working, get a Rupes. Problem solved.
    I will never ever, ever buy a Meg's machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone elaborate on what forced rotation means? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast