autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: More cut from 7424XP

Do not discount the new thin discs from Meguiar's, they are AMAZING. The burgundy cut pad cuts like crazy, leaving a great, sometimes LSP ready, finish behind. I would say it might cut 10-15% LESS than the Meguiar's MF cutting disc, but does not leave near the haze behind if at all. They are a great purchase, especially for a small throw DA. They are definitely my favorite pad EVER.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    K I got a pad brush and everything else. I'm definitely going to pick up one of each (MF, Wool DA, and Flash pads) and see what works best for me. Might even make a comparison review for others on the fence...
    Lake Country Thin Purple Foamed wool is really nice!

Post Thanks / Like

I also really like the Lake Country Hydrotech line, specifically the Cyan cutting pad. They do wear out a bit faster than my CCS, or B&S pads, but they're just awsome.

Post Thanks / Like
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Once again, dlc95 nailed my approach. Before i went to my rotary i found my purple foamed wool to be the hammer in the velvet bag! I would use my most aggressive compound with that little 4" baby and cranked all the way up to 6 and slow arm speed. I've also used that pad with less aggressive products and it cuts very nice. Sure, i always have to clean up after it but i had that nailed anyway.

With that said, i am interested in the MF pads so many here talk about but simply don't have any (yet). And without having to say it, anything Mike suggests gets me piqued as well! I suggest the PFW pad also because it finishes pretty good too. It might get more use for you over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Once again, dlc95 nailed my approach. Before i went to my rotary i found my purple foamed wool to be the hammer in the velvet bag! I would use my most aggressive compound with that little 4" baby and cranked all the way up to 6 and slow arm speed. I've also used that pad with less aggressive products and it cuts very nice. Sure, i always have to clean up after it but i had that nailed anyway.

With that said, i am interested in the MF pads so many here talk about but simply don't have any (yet). And without having to say it, anything Mike suggests gets me piqued as well! I suggest the PFW pad also because it finishes pretty good too. It might get more use for you over time.
    Thanks!

The only problem I had with that pad, was the feel. Those things took me for a ride, like a 3401 does to a newb.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe get lucky and it gets delayed. Be positive !!!!More cut from 7424XP

Post Thanks / Like

Crap wrong post. Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12