autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: MT 300 vs GG 6"

Post Thanks / Like

MT 300 vs GG 6"

Quote Originally Posted by Engineered Perf View Post
    Thanks for the input but when I worked for someone we had a Porter cable 7424xp that lasted for hundreds of cars (still works) for waxing and that isn't an expensive polisher.

I can better you one that. I have a 7424 non-XP that still works perfectly. It's so old - I believe it's Hencho in Mexico. There have been numerous GG6 failures as well for various reasons. People don't grumble about it much because of their great warranty service.

The hollow "drive shaft" has snapped on numerous XP PCs with enough downward pressure - causing possible disaster. Probably not something you would see with waxing though.

I'm just saying, if you need a super reliable machine - I'd look into Rupes or Flex. Not a lot of those failing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MT 300 vs GG 6"

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Yup. It seems almost anyone these days can make a decent polish. I don't think it's nearly as complex as making a machine.
    If I were a chemist I'd be insulted.

Post Thanks / Like

any man made product(s) can break or have issues at any given time. it's nice to know that some companies have excellent customer service and warranty if such an issue arises...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're doing this for money, I would not have a GG6, PC, or MT300. I'd buy the following 3: Harbor Freight, Rupes (mini and 15 or Duetto) , and/or Flex. Do enough cars and they'll pay for themselves.

That's how we are set up at the shop (well, we have a PC instead of a HF).

At home I'm perfectly happy with my PC and GG6. If you have the money/luxury to be able to buy Rupes and Flex machines when you'll only polish MAYBE once a year, then do it. It's obviously better than a PC or GG6, it's just not everyone has the means to make that a reasonable decision.

If you want a Porsche, you may buy a Boxter. Or, you may buy a new 991 Turbo S. There's obviously a better buy, but one is more reasonable for a certain group of people than the other.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a PC ten years ago right here on the Geek, later bought a PCXP as a backup. I had one problem with the PC and it was fixed during the warranty, they replaced the switch and something else and it ran better than new. I bought the Flex when it the greatest thing ever made, i didn't care for it and traded it to Todd Helme for his Cyclo, I later sold that when I realized I never used it much and could use the money. I have a DeWalt rotary that is the best machine I have for paint corrections, but, most of the time, I get cars that only want a light polish/wax and it's faster to do a quick polish with the PC, since I don't have to tape around moldings and stuff.
    Now, no more than you talk about using it, just get the GG and save the money for other stuff like pads, polish and beer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry just returned home...family member had passed away.

I'm getting the GG 6"
    "The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." --Werner Heisenberg (Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, Nobel laureate Physics)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Recon 4th 502nd View Post
    I'm getting the GG 6"
    you will love it!
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    you will love it!
    Good Luck !!!

Post Thanks / Like

my meguiars MT300 has been failed after using it only 3 times :/

Post Thanks / Like

The GG6 with a 5" backing plate for 5" pads and a 3.5" backing plate for 4" pads can handle anything you throw at it with the right pads and polish. Griots lifetime warranty and excellent customer service can't be beat.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567