autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars DA Power System

I recently had back surgery so i cant wax by hand anymore. Ive been looking around for a inexpensive alternative. I cant really afford a true polisher but i came across this Meguiars DA Power System. Is it worth the money? Ill mainly be waxing with maybe some polishing. The products i have are Chemical Guys Extreme Depth Liquid Carnuba Wax and Deep Relfections XP. I'm open to any other suggestions towards machines. Thanks for any help. Also needs to be lightweight. Price point around $100 if less would be better.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars DA Power System

You can usually pic up a Griots Garage on amazon for less than $100 if you keep your eye out. I think I paid $89 for the HD version. There is also the Harbor Freight option as well.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I did think about Harbor Freight. Didnt know if i was throwing my money away with that or not. If i went with the Harbor Freight one should i upgrade the pads and backing plate?

Post Thanks / Like

For waxing, I think it's a great alternative.

Here's my review on it:
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...er-system.html
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Throwing your money away, save your $$ up and when u can get a Griots GG6. You'll just end up getting one later anyway.

And way more versatile, you can use 5" and 3.5" backing plates so 2 machines in one.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Marc.

Post Thanks / Like

Another strong vote of NO on the power system for waxing and paint cleanup. GG6 all the way. More versatile (can use multiple pad sizes) and value over the long run can't be beat.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the DA power system as my first "Machine" but hated it, vibrates way too much, does no correcting work...at least not well and I just hated it. It just sits in the back of the closet till I find some use for it.

Now own a flex 3401 and haven't looked back since extremely smooth, powerful, does everything correctly!

I too suggest waiting it out and buying something worth it, cannot suggest anything but the flex as its all I own, but what the others mention are spot on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texasman View Post
    I did think about Harbor Freight. Didnt know if i was throwing my money away with that or not. If i went with the Harbor Freight one should i upgrade the pads and backing plate?
    The Griots DA would be the way to go -- great power, lifetime warranty--but if you're really trying to save a few bucks the HF is not a bad alternative. I think it's going to be on sale soon and with a 20% coupon you could get it for about $45. But you'll need to replace the backing plate with a quality 5" and get some quality flat pads like LC or Buff & Shine. (Even with the GG you'll need to spend a few bucks on a 5" backing plate as it comes with a 6" BP)

Then in the future if you really like machine polishing or just want a more poweful machine you can always use the HF with a 3 or 3.5" backing plate for the tight areas so it won't go to waste.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be negative on the first small buffer that came out but I bought one. First time I used it was on a one year old car that had minor swirl marks and some fine scratches from drying with an improper towell. After running this small machine for about 5-10 minutes, it started heating up. It finally became so hot that I was afraid I would burn it up. Additionally, there wasn't enough power to really buff out the problems so I had to really press down hard. Even doing that did not take out all the scratches. I haven't used it since then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast