autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars MT300 Impressions @ Detail Fest

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    if it isn't, I can live with the fact that the GG6 isn't as ergonomic or as comfortable to use as the MT300, which isn't a big deal to me...
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    if it isn't, I can live with the fact that the GG6 isn't as ergonomic or as comfortable to use as the MT300, which isn't a big deal to me...
    I think that's a big part of the machine. The ergonomics are great. If you already have a DA that is the real benefit that for the money, it's very smooth.

You can of course use other products with the megs pads.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini View Post
    I think that's a big part of the machine. The ergonomics are great. If you already have a DA that is the real benefit that for the money, it's very smooth.

yes, having a machine that has comfortable ergonomics and is smooth is nice and all, but if I have a smaller body PC style traditional DA (GG6) that has more torque/power then there's no need for me to purchase one (assuming the mt300 doesn't have the torque/power the GG6 has, would like to see more reviews/thoughts on it though). it's not worth my money for just the ergonomics/smoothness alone. I would rather save up and just get the GG6 first & then the Flex and call it a day...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini View Post

I used XMT line on wifes car with B/S MF pads and they worked great along with XMT 360. On concave surfaces they did slow up but I just adjusted to next speed and away I went.

I myself liked the machine but again this is from someone who owned a griots machine for awhile. I wanted to upgrade but being a weekender this was a good investment for me.

If your a pro and detail for a living then spend the extra and with Flex or Rupps....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I used XMT line on wifes car with B/S MF pads and they worked great along with XMT 360. On concave surfaces they did slow up but I just adjusted to next speed and away I went.

I myself liked the machine but again this is from someone who owned a griots machine for awhile. I wanted to upgrade but being a weekender this was a good investment for me.

If your a pro and detail for a living then spend the extra and with Flex or Rupps....
    The flex has almost done too good of a job in that it will just rotate through anything and IMO has caused unfair judgments versus plain DA machines.

I'd say the machine overall is a step up in ergonomics and machine operation of any machine not named flex or rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

Having a PC and a 3401 is this machine worth replacing the PC as far as vibration. I started using Megs microfiber pads which I like, my PC just wears me out so I want to get another D/A machine. Possibility of a Rupes 15 however I don't think I need one having the Flex. I have had my PC for years and it is tried and true albeit rough around the edges. So what do you guys think is the MT more refined, worth getting and retiring my PC. Thanks Tim..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    Having a PC and a 3401 is this machine worth replacing the PC as far as vibration. I started using Megs microfiber pads which I like, my PC just wears me out so I want to get another D/A machine. Possibility of a Rupes 15 however I don't think I need one having the Flex. I have had my PC for years and it is tried and true albeit rough around the edges. So what do you guys think is the MT more refined, worth getting and retiring my PC. Thanks Tim..
    On the basis of vibration, completely worth it. When using their backing plate and thin pads, it is SMOOTH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12