autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots, Flex, Rupes DA clone

If it is indeed pretty much the same machine and works the same I think many people would buy it to save a ton of money.
    It's much cheaper for sure.
    Sure we'll soon read a review on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson View Post
    That's just how things work these days, the factories are already making the originals so it's really easy to make the other models just by changing a few material colors etc.

Same factory, made by the same people, but different label and colors.... And perhaps some minor changes in other materials to lower cost for budget models....

But sometimes they are for the most part exactly like the original with a different label.....

Like Whirlpool makes Kenmore and Dewalt makes Craftsman and B&D..... Just renamed with slight differences....

Nothing has really changed other than it goes on more these days than it used to...

Post Thanks / Like

Being made in China doesn't mean it's crap. All my apple hardware (i.e.) are made in China, and have superb quality!

However, the worst manufactured things I've seen in life are also made in China... I mean, China is 'Heaven and Hell'.

This is just an advice to keep eyes open to the 'interior' of those machines, not just the exterior and manufactory claims about it's features.

What we have frequently are the great names of any commercial branch to do an extensive research and promote rigourous tests and improved QUALITY CONTROL somewhere in China to produce their products.

Not sure yet, but something 'tells me' you are advancing and introducing earlier the new 'GG Polisher V4'...

Just a shot.

I wouldn't trust it yet. But that's me.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjpIE13G4i8]Replica Rupes 21 - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what site sells them? I've heard from people in the UK of the "Chupes" (Chinese Rupes) being around 75 euros with shipping

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS_PbgpCK-I&feature=player_embedded]China Random Orbital21mm part 2 - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been overseas three times and the amount of electronics, tools, cellphones, bags etc is unbelievable. Iphone for $40 in box, coach accessories for less than half of price. I mean this people can copy anything and for the most part who assembly them for the big brand companies are the ones who come out with the "cheap" version. Not surprise at all!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    Sounds like a loud thrashing machine. I'll pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots, Flex, Rupes DA clone

I've watched a few of these "Rupes Knockoff Videos" and I see the same thing in each one. The machine always seems to be hopping up and down - something the original doesn't do. It always seems like the operator is trying to stop if from taking off. Then it will go smooth for a few seconds. Then, back to hopping up and down like a rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Being made in China doesn't mean it's crap. All my apple hardware (i.e.) are made in China, and have superb quality!

However, the worst manufactured things I've seen in life are also made in China... I mean, China is 'Heaven and Hell'.

This is just an advice to keep eyes open to the 'interior' of those machines, not just the exterior and manufactory claims about it's features.

What we have frequently are the great names of any commercial branch to do an extensive research and promote rigourous tests and improved QUALITY CONTROL somewhere in China to produce their products.

Not sure yet, but something 'tells me' you are advancing and introducing earlier the new 'GG Polisher V4'...

Just a shot.

I wouldn't trust it yet. But that's me.

Kind Regards.
    There is a big difference between Apple's manufacturing and a knock off's manufacturing. In a way, I'm agreeing with exactly what you are saying. But, knock offs are usually crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen the Chinese clone with the backing plate removed? The counterweight on the Rupes is a unique sculpted shape, and there's just no way 2 people could independently come up with a design of that exact same shape.

If they're identical, that's another bit of proof that it was copied, but this is a piece that functionally matters, as opposed to just copying the ornamental design (the casing/housing).

So I wonder if Rupes is actively seeking to get imports of this clone banned in various markets? Or maybe they don't have legal grounds for that and there's little they can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    My GG 6" is made in China and I wouldn't consider it a "hack tool" one bit. I know and understand the whole Chinese knockoff debate but have never had an issue with my GG 6", or my GG 3" for that matter, just sayin'.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast