autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

GG6 is Broken...

I've personally owned my GG6 for two years now and in that time period, I've had two issues. The first was minor, as the on switch wasn't pushing the internal switch down to activate the machine. The second happened today while working on a customers vehicle. Not 100% on this one though. When you turn on the machine, nothing happens and I believe it has something to do with the area where the electric is sent into the magnet and in turn, the larger magnet would begin to turn.

What bothers me, is that it's only been two years and over that span I may have used it on 25-50 vehicles. I would have assumed that this product would have lasted longer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I plan on calling GG tomorrow. I love the GG polisher and where or not mine can be fixed will not deter me from using or purchasing a new one if needed, just a little frustrated that's all.

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GG6 is Broken...

Quote Originally Posted by KJW Detailing View Post
    I've personally owned my GG6 for two years now and in that time period, I've had two issues. The first was minor, as the on switch wasn't pushing the internal switch down to activate the machine. The second happened today while working on a customers vehicle. Not 100% on this one though. When you turn on the machine, nothing happens and I believe it has something to do with the area where the electric is sent into the magnet and in turn, the larger magnet would begin to turn.

What bothers me, is that it's only been two years and over that span I may have used it on 25-50 vehicles. I would have assumed that this product would have lasted longer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I plan on calling GG tomorrow. I love the GG polisher and where or not mine can be fixed will not deter me from using or purchasing a new one if needed, just a little frustrated that's all.
    GG will take care of it. They will either replace or repair no questions asked

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

You should get two and rotate them. When one goes down you have another to finish the job. Can't go wrong with a life time warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

have you tried switching out the brushes? don't know if it would void your warranty in doing so though...

Post Thanks / Like

The GG has a lifetime warranty. I'm pretty sure they'll ship one out to you Monday in the mail.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I contacted Griots today. Filled out a return paper, packages everything up, and sent it packing. They will review everything and send me a new one. Hopefully it will be a quick turn around. The lifetime warranty they provide definitely played a huge role in my original purchase.

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please post the outcome.

I have one as well.

I do love the machine though.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently damaged mine and they still replaced no questions asked.

Post Thanks / Like

glad they took care of you and in a hassle free fashion...

Post Thanks / Like
    They won't even check it out. Once they receive your unit they will send you the latest model new or refurbished. I'm on the west coast. I sent mine in on a Friday and received a replacement the following Friday. Amazing! You don't need to wait for an email or phone call. It just shows up at your door

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast