autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XMT and 12hrs

Post Thanks / Like

XMT and 12hrs

Hey guyz. Well I got my pinnacle xmt products in this past friday and spent about 12 hours b/t Sat. and Sun. detailing my car. I clayed, polished, sealed, and waxed. The xmt products worked very well. I used the xmt 3 with a light cutting pad, then followed with xmt 1 and a polishing pad, and finished with xmt finishing glaze and a finishing pad. I turned my d/a up to 5000 and applied a far amount of pressure. I didn't get as many of the swirls out as I would have liked to but the xmt products did clean and greatly improved th look of my paint. They were very easy to work with and smell great. Some spots I applied to coats of the xmt 3 and put a lot of pressure on th d/a. It worked well but I think next time I'm going to try a cutting pad instead. I think alot of the swirls in my paint are to severe for a d/a and I think the paint on my car is just crappy in the first palce, but overall i was very satisfied with the xmt product. The pad conditioner and cleaner woked well too. If you don't have the xmt products, I would say give them a try, you can't hurt anything. I followed the finishing glaze with klasse sealant and then pinnacle past glanze wax. The car looks very good, but I'm going to try to get it even better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also bought one of those pinnacle bug scrub pad. I have to say that was on of the best detailing products I've ever bought. without any pressure i was able to just wipe of bugs and road grime from my car without any scratches. It well worth the money

Post Thanks / Like
    No Pics

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a digital camera so I can't post any pics, but i am going to buy one so the next time I do this again I will post pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail
    I don't have a digital camera so I can't post any pics, but i am going to buy one so the next time I do this again I will post pics.
    Maybe we can get a donation cup together, great write-up but you need to share pictures with us. If you live somewhere tropical I will stop by and take some for you! I do love to travel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail
    I also bought one of those pinnacle bug scrub pad. I have to say that was on of the best detailing products I've ever bought. without any pressure i was able to just wipe of bugs and road grime from my car without any scratches. It well worth the money
    It looks like it would scratch the surface but I haven't had a problems yet. I have used it on my DD only so far but does like like a nice product!!
    -Dennis
    ======

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Meghan]Maybe we can get a donation cup together, great write-up but you need to share pictures with us. If you live somewhere tropical I will stop by and take some for you! I do love to travel.[/quote

I live in Louisiana around the New Orleans area. You can stop by if you want. I actually live out in the sticks about 30 mins from the nearest town. Were are most of you from.

Post Thanks / Like
    All of us geeks are sitting under the sun in Florida, originally from New England area. And I do like to visit New Orleans, but not really the sticks, more of a downtown kinda of girl!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i'm enjoying the rain, humidity and the sun. oh yea, and the lovely hurricanes. Were in florida?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    , more of a downtown kinda of girl!!
    Ok Great see you in Downtown Chicago.When are you coming?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast