autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: XMT Products

Post Thanks / Like

XMT Products

Has anone tried all of the Pinnacle XMT products? If so, are they worth buying and how well do they work?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the pad cleaner and the conditioner. It smell like Windex Nope, I didnt get a chance try out yet .

Post Thanks / Like
    I just recieved the Pad conditioner today. I haven't tried it. and it's supposed to rain for the next 2 days-3 months.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Post Thanks / Like
    taken from my detailcity post:

i've had a chance to use the full XMT line already.
    #1 swirl remover can only get out the lightest of marring. I would reserve it for haze removal
    #2 is a great run of the mill polish. I was able to get out 3 months of bi-weekly tunnel wash marring from a G35 using this polish combined with an orange light/med cut pad on the pc. The finish left behind is LSP ready even when I used an orange pad. This could be due to me working on a lighter colored car.
    No dusting was seen when using these polishes.
    My LSP on the G was the XMT carnauba finishing glaze. The bottle says that it's an all in one type product that combines wax, cleaner, and glaze together. After polishing I applied this product and was almost instantly hit with a pleasant smell of grape. Actually 10 minutes later my mom came out to the garage and asked where the orchard was The CFG (acronym copyright of Neothin 2006) left a very wet looking paintjob on the G35. Seeing as the G was a champagne/gold color, this was quite impressive. Even under direct florida sunlight, the wetness could be seen. I can't say about its defect filling ability though, seeing as i polished before application, I was already swirl free. The CFG did leave the pad stained to a dark purple color.
    The pad conditioner is a nice product to use. in my experiences, misting a pad with water gives you a moist pad, but not necessarily a softened pad. The pad conditioner not only moistens the pad, but it also seems to soften it up a bit. This will prevent dry polishing when making your first couple of passes with a new pad.
    The pad cleaner is really nice. I always use a 3:1 diluted APC and mist the used pad and then clean under running water. The problem with this is that the APC tends to suds up when your washing the pad. The XMT pad cleaner does not sud at all.
    I did not have a chance to use the #3 swirl remover. it was available, but i had no need for it. #2 made quick work of the swirling on the G35.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I take these products were user friendly in the Florida heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    actually i dont know... i brought the car into the garage

doh!