autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    I'll also ad that they may very well be unremovable w/o a rotary. Some swirls don't look bad or deep, when in fact they are almost like tiny indents shaped like "v". I've had times where the main swirls were fairly easy to get rid of, but there always remained a few marks/lines, and even with Opitmum Compound and a yellow or green Edge cutting pad I just could not get them to budge on speed 6, even tried with a 4" Edge cutting pad. Try XMT 3 witha cutting pad and see what happens.
    This is true. The PC can only do so much. It really does not do paint correction. This is what a rotary does with heat along with abrasives. The PC wears the edges down on the scratch to make is less noticeable.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    This is true. The PC can only do so much. It really does not do paint correction. This is what a rotary does with heat along with abrasives. The PC wears the edges down on the scratch to make is less noticeable.
    I need a rotary, I looked at our Lincoln the other night under the lights, ughhh, I was only able to get about 80% of the swirls out and I spent two days going over the car with Opitmum Compound on a cutting pad, and then Opitmum Polish. @$@$%$@!@! hard clear coat lol. Silver looks great to pry anybody else, but I notice the marks and it irritates me lol.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the one I have.......
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92623

I love mine and for the money.......cannot be beat. Get the EDGE adapter and you're set with six inch pads.

I'll be doing a full review on it this upcoming week. I wanted some real work under it's belt before I did one. Let me tell you, it's well worth it!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow this topic is perfect because I'm having the same problem. I'm at XMT#3 and orange Edge 2k pad, it got majority of the swirls but not 100%. I was told though that I may be doing to much of an area, if I'm not mistaken it should be a 2 x 2ft area, correct?
    I'm going to have to get the measuring tape and measure the exact size untill I get a feel for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    Wow this topic is perfect because I'm having the same problem. I'm at XMT#3 and orange Edge 2k pad, it got majority of the swirls but not 100%. I was told though that I may be doing to much of an area, if I'm not mistaken it should be a 2 x 2ft area, correct?
    I'm going to have to get the measuring tape and measure the exact size untill I get a feel for it.
    2x2 ft Your right!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, if you're a n00b at using the PC ( like I am ) it might take you a while to learn the techniques. It varies on alot of things :

- What combo you're using ( what polish on what pad )

- Using the correct pressure

- Allowing the polish to break down

Like other people have suggested, try XMT #3 on an orange pad, then XMT # 1 on a white pad. After this most/all swirls will be gone. If they're not, you might want to try the XMT Finishing Glaze to hide existing imperfections. It's all about the right technique!

Good luck with everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    6LS2, i posted previously what combos I was using and the amout of time that I was allowing the product to break down. I did everything correctly, however, the combo just wasn't strong enough. Yesterday I went to my local "Driver's Seat" and picked up XMT3, so we will see how that goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bambo2888
    6LS2, i posted previously what combos I was using and the amout of time that I was allowing the product to break down. I did everything correctly, however, the combo just wasn't strong enough. Yesterday I went to my local "Driver's Seat" and picked up XMT3, so we will see how that goes.
    Drivers Seat...you must live in South FL? I live in Boca, theres one near me on Glades Rd.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure do... exactly where you're from in Boca Raton. That store's not too bad, the staff seem to have a pretty decent knowledge of things...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bambo2888
    Sure do... exactly where you're from in Boca Raton. That store's not too bad, the staff seem to have a pretty decent knowledge of things...
    Cool, I'd help you today but I'm recupperating from last night, what type of car is it, that may point out whether the clearcoat is hard or soft which can make a big difference.
    The real WyStang:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast