autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HELP! Which PC!?!? 7424 or 7424HD?

Well, I'm going to order some things while this 20% sale is on.

I plan on ordering the pad kit and buffer separtately, and this way I can at least get 20% off on the EDGE 2000 pad kit (on sale anyways for $100, so it'll only be $80).

And the regular PC is on sale for $150 w/ three orange low profile pads, XMT #2, XMT glaze, and two indigo blue towels. Combine tihs with the pad kit it's only $230 after the discount compared to the $260 it would be to get the complete kit together.

Now, my question, is it worth getting the PC HD version for $180 ($30 more than the regular PC) and this one does not come with XMT #2, XMT Glaze, and I don't think the indigo towels either, but does come with three of the orange low profile pads

Also, if I get the regular PC, I'd have a little extra money to get XMT #1 and XMT #3.

So what do you all think, suggest? What's the total length of cord on the regular PC?

I plan on using the PC about 3-4 times a week, and a few hours each time during the summer for a side business.

Post Thanks / Like
    personally, pony up on the pc / edge 2k pads kit. you will not be sorry.

-ryan

ehh the cord is im guessing 3-5 ft somewhere in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have extension cords already... get the regular one. I have heard the 7424 HD is harder to store because of the longer cord. You can get an extension cord for less than 30 bucks also. So... get the regular one and XMT is good stuff, can also be used in the SUN! unlike the junk I use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of the HD ... nothing is more of a pain than being forced to stop and replug in the cord after getting stuck on a tire.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if the regular PC is no more than 5 ft, I'm definately getting the HD simply for that reason. I've delt with other power tools with short cords, and it's a huge PITA, especially when you're trying to work on something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have my first list together, but it will only stay that way IF I can get the PC HD version with the XMT 2, XMT glaze, and the indigo towels. If not, I'm going to wait to buy a PC where I can apply a special.

And I am def. getting the Edge pads and the PC, I just might be doing it separately so I can benefit on the 20% off sale at least on the Edge pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always figured that I would need to use an extension cord even with the longer ( 25 ft. beleive ) one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie
    I always figured that I would need to use an extension cord even with the longer ( 25 ft. beleive ) one.
    Yea, I will too, but the thing that conerns me is the same thing that killr mentioned. the fact that the little short cord can disconnect very easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 25 ft cord on the HD is nice, I haven't had to use an extension cord yet. As far as storage I have a small Stanley tool box from Sears and it fits right in it perfectly. I may cut some foam to cushion the PC but for now this works just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I take it back. Went out tonight to buy an extension cord for my PC. Figured that I needed a fairly long one so I got 50'/ 12 gauge cord so there wouldn't be much power drop that could affect the PC. Cost $37. That would cover the cost of the HD upgrade, and leave enough for a regular 25' extension cord

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast