autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PCxp Warranty - Any one have this happen?

Looking at the diagram that's been linked to, I see no C-Clip in the area of the Bearing and Shaft? Bearing alone at $52 and change, wow!

One question I have with the PC7242XP, and let's say bought from AG/Autopia, how long would these folks stand behind a warrantee claim?
    Beyond the Factory warrantee? Just curious?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Looking at the diagram that's been linked to, I see no C-Clip in the area of the Bearing and Shaft? Bearing alone at $52 and change, wow!

One question I have with the PC7242XP, and let's say bought from AG/Autopia, how long would these folks stand behind a warrantee claim?
    Mark

I can tell you that mine at this time I made this thread was just over a year old. And at the time AG helped me out. They got me a replacment because my closest official repair center was 2hours away and the cost to fix with shipping was going to be silly.

Personaly I was very surprised as I didn't expect them to do this as the warranty was past. And I don't expect them to personaly warranty a tool past eye manufacturer even if we don't use it as much as a pro. This is one reason to seriously consider GG since they warranty them for life.

Post Thanks / Like

The link I provided was for a PC7424.
    AGO forum member stupenal needed
    a parts breakdown for a UDM.

Mark
    -A one year warranty usually lasts one year.
    -In the past I've seen where some PC7424XPs resellers have had an: up-to-three-years-return-for-repairs/or-a-here's-a-used-one-for-you-instead...warranty period.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I can tell you that mine at this time I made this thread was just over a year old. And at the time AG helped me out. They got me a replacment because my closest official repair center was 2hours away and the cost to fix with shipping was going to be silly.

Personaly I was very surprised as I didn't expect them to do this as the warranty was past. And I don't expect them to personaly warranty a tool past eye manufacturer even if we don't use it as much as a pro. This is one reason to seriously consider GG since they warranty them for life.
    I agree of course that the Griots has the superior warrantee.

What comes to mind in any case, is having a PC, or a Griots blow up on me while doing an expensive vehicle, my own, or someone elses? I think with such an occurrence, the warrantee will be the least of my concerns.

One very important question prevails, has anyone ever had a Flex, or a Rupes self destruct?
    (Yes, I have heard of the LC Flex Backing Plate System melting on a few users, but what else?)

I'm beginning to believe for my own arsenal, the Flex is now not looking as expensive as I first thought it was. Maybe time I graduate?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree of course that the Griots has the superior warrantee.

What comes to mind in any case, is having a PC, or a Griots blow up on me while doing an expensive vehicle, my own, or someone elses? I think with such an occurrence, the warrantee will be the least of my concerns.

One very important question prevails, has anyone ever had a Flex, or a Rupes self destruct?
    (Yes, I have heard of the LC Flex Backing Plate System melting on a few users, but what else?)

I'm beginning to believe for my own arsenal, the Flex is now not looking as expensive as I first thought it was. Maybe time I graduate?
    I wonder how often these things happen with the pc. With the sheer volume of machines they have sold through the years vs. problems with the machine, I would guess that the odds are in our favor that we won't experience such problems.

Post Thanks / Like

even if you have one DA it's always good to have a back-up (i've said it many times already but everyone should own at least one traditional style DA). the HF DA is inexpensive and does everything the PC will with a little more torque/power...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123