autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Used My New Flex XC3401

This isn't about the "before and after" shots, it's about my PERSONAL opinion on the Flex. Cabin fever has been setting in so I decided to try it for the first time yesterday even though snow showers were in the forecast. I think it is an amazing machine. I'm 51yrs old, not in the best of shape ( 3 shoulder surgeries) but not in the worst shape. I previously owned a GG 6" ROP, and for ease of use the Flex far out performs it.
    I was originally skeptical about using the Flex. I thought it was a "Professional Detailer" tool only. Agreed, I had limited experience detailing cars the "correct" way, and therefore not much to compare it against. With care and proper technique it's a far superior tool. A full correction on my DD took half the time and half the advils.
    I highly recommend this tool for any detailing enthusiast.
    John
    Mean people suck

Mike Phillips

Re: Used My New Flex XC3401

Thank you for posting your thoughts about your new tool and a little bit of your background as relates to detailing, I'm sure this will help others...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    I think it is an amazing machine. I previously owned a GG 6" ROP, and for ease of use the Flex far out performs it.
    My sentiments exactly! I keep telling people this. So happy you are enjoying it!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    I was originally skeptical about using the Flex. I thought it was a "Professional Detailer" tool only. .
    A very well respected detailer, Todd Helme, told me recently something about "experience" and the Flex 3401 which was very interesting. In his opinion, the Flex 3401 actually requires LESS dialing in than a "true" DA. Here's what he had to say....

"In general, on most paints the Flex is going to be more powerful than the G110v2. It is a more powerful machine that removes most user input from the equation. Select a speed, select how hard you want to push, polish...

The G110v2, like other 'random orbital' D/A's, will produce great results from the get go, but great results with more experience/knowledge. However, it may never have the outright polishing power of the Flex (although with proper pad/size/material and experience I have seen them out cut the Flex) for most people and on some paints."

Post Thanks / Like

John, glad to hear you liked what you saw with the Flex and how friendly it can be for all. Its sounds like the Flex won over another user and will continue to be a valid choice in buffers.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing, I knew you'd love it! Flex is the best!