autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What color pads to use?

I just ordered a new backing plate and the LC 5.5 inch pads. 1st time ordering new pads. I want to make sure I use the right pads when I do my car. I ordered the 6pk of pads where you can pick. I got the yellow,orange,white,blue,green,and red pad.
    My 08 Mustang has minor swirl marks,so I also ordered the Wolfgang swirl remover combo and then the Wofgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0.
    Which pads should I use for the swirl remover,finishing glaze,and then the paint sealant? Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What color pads to use?

Quote Originally Posted by jmy2469 View Post
    I just ordered a new backing plate and the LC 5.5 inch pads. 1st time ordering new pads. I want to make sure I use the right pads when I do my car. I ordered the 6pk of pads where you can pick. I got the yellow,orange,white,blue,green,and red pad.
    My 08 Mustang has minor swirl marks,so I also ordered the Wolfgang swirl remover combo and then the Wofgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0.
    Which pads should I use for the swirl remover,finishing glaze,and then the paint sealant? Thanks for the help.
    Since doing a few of these cars they tend to have a harder clear. I would start out with the Swirl Remover/white pad and speed 6. If that doesn work use the orange pad. I seriuosly doubt you need the yellow pad and would really stay away from it since it is very aggressive. If you use the orange pad/swirl remover, go with the finishing glaze and white pad a,d then back over it with finishing glaze and the blue pad, then you can apply your sealant.