autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting the PC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting the PC

If i were you joshs07redss, i would just add some Poorboys super slick and wax shampoo 16oz, The bone by cobra, the two bucket method (that's two buckets with grit guards at the bottom, if you already have the buckets all you need are the grit guards) and some Poorboys EX (sealant with Carnauba) in the 16oz size. I would add those items to the Poorboys kit you are interested in. That's enough to start your soon to be addiction.

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I haven't even gotten my stuff yet and I'm already addicted. I love cleaning my car, I just didn't know about all this stuff. I ended up getting the Pinnacle Intermediate Swirl kit along with a bottle of Pad conditioner and cleaner. The Pinnacle kit seemed to have everything. I'll see how that does and I'll go from there. I'll be sure to post pictures of before and after...hopefully the pictures won't be of pure metal from taking the paint off haha.

Post Thanks / Like

something that seems to be missed here....

when polishing for correction, start with the least agressive approach...

start out with a more mild polish and less agressive pad, like the white pad and do a small section on your hood and see how that works out for you, dont forget to work the polish in until it hazes and starts to dissapear....

if paint is in really good conditon with light to moderate swirls, i would stay away from orange pads and keep thoes for deeper swirls and scratches...

however, some clearcoats are harder than others and do require a more agressive approach, and you will just have to experiment with the pad/polish combos...that is why you start less agressive....

as for waxes, if you using your cars for daily drivers, i would suggest a good synthetic paint sealant, vrs a carnuba wax as you get much more durability over carnuba...however, you can always top your synthetic with carnuba, but not the other way around, you cant top carnuba....

good luck and have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshs07redss View Post
    Haha, I haven't even gotten my stuff yet and I'm already addicted. I love cleaning my car, I just didn't know about all this stuff. I ended up getting the Pinnacle Intermediate Swirl kit along with a bottle of Pad conditioner and cleaner. The Pinnacle kit seemed to have everything. I'll see how that does and I'll go from there. I'll be sure to post pictures of before and after...hopefully the pictures won't be of pure metal from taking the paint off haha.

trust me, your not going to be taking any paint off with the pc....

also, one more thing, you will need to be using speed 5-6 for polishing, and some medium pressure with your hand on top of the polisher...you wont get any correction without using the upper speeds on the pc...

i use speed 2 for applying sealants and waxes with the gray pads...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Vinnier6. My car has some pretty tough swirls. I've watched it everytime using regular bath towels since I got it in April 07. I should be getting it sometime this week. I'll be sure to post before, during, and after pictures on the show and shine section. I have some sealant that I'm going to put on after the glaze. I might order a bottle of Carnauba from here as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Check to ensure that the glaze will allow a sealant to bond properly; some have additives that won't. Other than that, all of the product recommendations are solid and won't dissapoint. That said, plan at least two days for the routine you've described, more if you use a sealant. The PC is a fine machine, but I got very frustrated with it after two years mostly because it sacrifices effectiveness for safety. It just takes sooo long when applying multiple polishes. The polishes and pads do the work more than the PC. In other words: budget for a Flex upgrade next year and make sure your pads are interchangeable if possible. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, in the instructional video, after the glaze, they finished off with Souveran wax...so I'm guessing the stuff I have will work just as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.