autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting the PC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting the PC

i would throw in some good wax like souveran paste or p21s 100% some pinnacles crystal mist it is bogo right now and also you should check at some of the bogo microfibers

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely would need to get some good wax. That seems like it would be cheaper to buy that kit and then wax rather than buying the starter kit and having to buy all the polishes, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm about ready to buy that Poorboy's kit. I'm going to use it for one wash and see what kind of results I get. I can go from there on deciding to buy different stuff. Will the kit comes with steps on what to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to through this out there. You listed a vette and vette's come with Ceramic clear coats (or was it just very hard CC?) any who you may want to step up to Menz kit as there polishes may preform better the PB kit on that vette. PB will work fine on the other vehicles listed but vette's have very hard clear coats.

Post Thanks / Like

don't forget clay!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrose0070 View Post
    i would throw in some good wax like souveran paste or p21s 100% some pinnacles crystal mist it is bogo right now and also you should check at some of the bogo microfibers
    can never have enough Micro Fiber in your diet !!!
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrose0070 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs07redss View Post
    After looking at all the pictures, I'm wishing I had it now!! What's a good kit to get that you would suggest. I just looked up some Menzerna kits, but I really don't know which one to get. I saw one was a maximum shine, and a few others.
    Menz is the best of the best, just make sure the Kit includes the SIP, man that stuff is where its all at !!
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely clay. I already have a clay kit. I just hope the kit comes with instructions or something because I've never done this before and I don't even know where to start haha...like what pad to use first with what polish and stuff lol. What can I say, I'm a newbie.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys....I'm thinking of buying the PC seperate and getting a polishing it seperate. Compared to the Poorboy's Kit that is mentioned above, is what I have listed here in the link better/the same?

XMT Pad Maintenance Kit by Pinnacle For your dual action or rotary polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend the Wolfgang TSR PC kit. It offers everything you need to get started and have protection. I know a lot of people here will mention just putting wax on after you finish but I prefer a sealant THEN wax afterwards for maximum shine and protection.

Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424 Swirl-Free Kit

It comes with an instructional DVD so you'll have a good idea on how to use your polisher.

I detailed a G35 with it and that was pretty much the first time I did paint correction/polishing on a full car. It's real easy to use.

However, what I do not like about the PC is that it buffs your hands about as much as the car. Mine felt like mush after a full day of detailing it.
    Last edited by Eurocougar; 12-12-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.