autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Preparing the the Kit!!

hey guys, I get my kit in 2 days and im so excited. Here is what i decided to invest in(if you cant see it well, i picked the Men'z SIP/Intense Nano polish kit(ive got an audi so i needed to step it up on the cc lol)........

Now ive watched tons of videos, read unbelievable amounts of "how to's" but i know you guys will have some tips for me when i first start. Ill be going at it hardcore tuesday night-wednesday morning and if all goes well ill take some sexy pics.
    If you all have any tips( like how long i should polish for at a particular speed, pads to use) and so on, id love to hear it, take care
    Tyler

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preparing the the Kit!!

Cant wait for pics, you'll love the kit

Post Thanks / Like

Dude I just got mine on Friday and it is mad exciting when it comes in the mail.

It will take a really long time to do the entire car. Each 2x2 section takes a good four or five minutes of buffing before the polish is finally broken down. When I was doing my hood with Poorboy's SSR2.5 and orange pad, I felt like I had to beat the polish to an absolute pulp before it was ready to be wiped off.

Better get ready to burn the midnight oil or however the saying goes.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but the endresults are worth the time invested when done correctly
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Are those 6.5" pads? 5.5" pads or even 4" pads will work much better with a pc/udm. Remember least aggressive pad and polish first. Use speed 6 for polishing. Like Emile said, 2X2 section and move the pc slowly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Are those 6.5" pads? 5.5" pads or even 4" pads will work much better with a pc/udm. Remember least aggressive pad and polish first. Use speed 6 for polishing. Like Emile said, 2X2 section and move the pc slowly.
    I got the 5.5inch kit

Post Thanks / Like

hey, i was looking at the instructions on the kit, and it says for me to start off with the SIP with a wool pad(im guessing orange would be alright too?). Now just by reading that, it sounds like id be starting off with the most aggressive. Is that right hahah??
    Menzerna kit, 5.5 lake country pads, porter cable menzerna kit, ceramic clear polishing kit, Mercedes polishing kit
    Reason i say that is because i see here you guys said that i should start with the LEAST aggressive pad and polish. hahah just a bit confused hahah

Post Thanks / Like

Put the 6.5” Foamed Wool Pad onto your Porter Cable 7424 Polisher. Apply an X of Menzerna Super Intensive Polish across the pad. With the polisher turned off, spread the polish on a 2 x 2 sq. ft. section of paint. (For less severe imperfections, you can use the Orange Light Cutting Pad for this step.)
    It all depends on how severe the correction, again least aggressive first. I would pick a section and start with SIP and a white pad, if that doesn't do it, then move up to an orange pad.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice i am waiting on just about the same kit but pieced it together and got a different selction of 6.5 and 4 inch pads... And picked up some PB stuff along the way.. sadly ups doesnt show it to arrive till thurs day. Isnt it fun to rip the boxes open and throw all that popcorn everywhere. Even though you know what u ordered there is still the christmas like excitement in it all.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the excitement never ends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast