autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it worth it?

yeah...wish AGO would let you build a kit lol

Post Thanks / Like

If your going to buy a DA polisher get the Griot's GG6. It's a great polisher with a life time warranty, Griot's is a fantastic company with the best customer service in the business! Buy a good 5" backing plate and 5.5" Buff and Shine flat pads or LC thin pro pads and you have a great setup!

Post Thanks / Like

If you're going to be doing a boat, and you need new stuff anyway, I would actually suggest getting the Griots Garage G21. Get something with a long throw because polishing a boat will be tiresome and will wear on you, so get something that will do the work for you. No real pressure needed, the long throw does the work for you. Get it with LC thin-pro pads and pick up some better compound and polishes to do the work. Getting a MF cutting pad will do great for you. Griots Garage has great levelling fluids and will make your work go a lot easier and you'll ache less.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a dwp849x for the boat. A buddy gave me the DA so I wanted to see how it would handle compounding a boat. From what I am hearing, a DA really isn't strong enough to compound gel. That's fine because I have a rotary and now I know what a DA will and won't do.
    The biggest problem now is getting my DA deluxe foam pad kit exchanged out for some 5.5" pads.
    I'm learning as I go and thanks to everyone hear, I am learning a little faster. My biggest complaint is I really don't have enough time with work to spend the time I want on my cars and Boat. The last couple of weeks, I have been looking a lot at AIO and pushing the cleaner, polish and wax to the back of the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would they even sell such a kit in 2017? Smh.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of the kits with the CCS pads. I've since switched to thin pros and they're much better with this DA, and the couple AIOs I've tried. Autogeek would be wise to make a kit with this set up instead. The CCS pads are a bit dated, and don't work as well with all in ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    Is this machine worth it or get something different?

Here's my scenario and I know it's not apples to apples but should be pretty close. I got a chance to try a friends HF dual action (yes I know, not a supporter and not as nice) but very close from what I read. I got a neighbors boat to play with. I was using a very crappy HF cutting pad (new) which fell apart real quick and 3m compound and finishing material (06044). When I first started, I thought it was working pretty nice for a POS but then half way through, noticed the pad wasn't spinning much at all. Reminded me of my orbital. Was I pushing it too much or are these not that great? I was thinking of buying the porter cable but I am having second thoughts now. I would mainly use it for polish and wax on a boat and then for everything for paint correction on my cars...I just wanted to see what it would do since it wasn't my boat, boat owner didn't even care what it looked like...was just going to dump in with now wax! I have a rotary for my boat, just wanted to see what it can do.

Any help would be great!
    thanks in advance!!!
    GG6 more power than pc.IntIially rotary is better for boats cuts quick less constant heat.Gelcoat gets matted from to much heat from a da.All boat conditions vary some need rotary some you can do with da with a aio. And call it done.Majority of boat owners just want a shine rarely do they want to pay for a 2 step then a lsp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12