autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with my 7424xp

I was waxing my neighbors car today with a regular 5.5 inch foam pad by LC and my PC would spin slow then fast. It was never a constant speed even without any pressure. I let it spin in mid air and it would start off slow then go normal speed like it had to warm up first. I purchased this machine in 2014 and has been used a handful of times. What can I do to fix this issue or should Iook into getting a new machine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with my 7424xp

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    I was waxing my neighbors car today with a regular 5.5 inch foam pad by LC and my PC would spin slow then fast. It was never a constant speed even without any pressure. I let it spin in mid air and it would start off slow then go normal speed like it had to warm up first. I purchased this machine in 2014 and has been used a handful of times. What can I do to fix this issue or should Iook into getting a new machine?

Do you have the spare brushes. If so change the brushes and hopefully that is the repair

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any spare brushes. Where can I find some and where would I put it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    I don't have any spare brushes. Where can I find some and where would I put it?

Call or email where you ordered from. I just checked mine and I see no place to replace brushes. I need to find out if these are brushless.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Will do! Thank you for the advice!

Post Thanks / Like

I would think with just a handful of uses, that it shouldn't be bad brushes.

Have you also noted any increase in sound levels of the motor when running? Sometimes with bad brushes, a electric tool often gets noisier.

I would more suspect a Speed Control Dial going bad.

Not saying this going to fix the machine, but with the machine off or unplugged, try rotating the speed dial back and forth gently numerous times, and see if you note any differences in operation?

If any differences noted, even for a short period of time, I'd then suspect this speed dial control as the culprit.

Such a part I've just seen at one online vendor, about a $18 part plus shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I would think with just a handful of uses, that it shouldn't be bad brushes.

Have you also noted any increase in sound levels of the motor when running? Sometimes with bad brushes, a electric tool often gets noisier.

I would more suspect a Speed Control Dial going bad.

Not saying this going to fix the machine, but with the machine off or unplugged, try rotating the speed dial back and forth gently numerous times, and see if you note any differences in operation?

If any differences noted, even for a short period of time, I'd then suspect this speed dial control as the culprit.

Such a part I've just seen at one online vendor, about a $18 part plus shipping.
    The last time I detailed a car, last week, the vibrations were out of control and it was very loud, but it would calm down and work normally. This time there wasn't any noise issues but the pad wouldn't spin as it should. The machine itself sounded really low like if was trying to stay on.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're handy enough with disassembly-repair of such a tool, I would assume ordering a part-parts would be cheaper than having it repaired by an authorized PC repair business.

I've fixed many odds and ends over the years, finding businesses that sell parts for many appliances and tools.

That one would have to do a disassembly to inspect the brushes. If they are fine, then you'd at least assume that the problem then lies elsewhere, like the rotary speed control. Often bad brushes can make the Armature they ride upon look pretty bad, burnt.

One possibility is not worn brushes, but a bad or broken brush.

Was the machine ever stored in a possibly damp place?

I seen a speed control dial on the big auction site as well for $22 with free shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the advice! I will look into both parts and hopefully it helps.

Post Thanks / Like

doesn't the 7424xp have a 3 year warranty?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast