autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question?

Post Thanks / Like

question?

Ok , I'm a little overwhelmed with all the different products. I have a new 2016 Toyota Tacoma (Black) truck. I already have a few swirls . I have some sample pinnacle 3.0 swirl remover and some pinnacle sealant (sample also.) Should I use this or something else. Also, If I use a swirl remover, Do I still need wax stripper? I currently use a 2 bucket wash system and have applied wax and quick detailer several times. Help me out with a good plan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: question?

Your swirl remover will remove the wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots perfecting cream and top it with collinite or powerlock paint sealant.Or just get the twins as well griots correction and perfection.or the sonax cut and finish in one bottle awesome stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a microfiber cutting pad user.I would just stick with foam pads depending on what type of machine you are using.

Post Thanks / Like

Your swirl remove will take off the previous wax.

As for products, if you like what you have and it works, stay with it. That's 90% of the battle right there.

I've had good luck with Mckees 37 360, a nice All in One. But I still top with wax. (Call it habit, stubbornness, or just plain overkill. I still do it.)

I've also had a very good experience with 3D HD Polish+ and would second the idea of topping with Collinite, but again, if you have a wax you like, stick with it.

I also have the PC and have used these with foam pads. LC white and orange depending on the hardness of the paint.

And to second GSKR, I have used MF pads, but for much more serious correction/neglect. It may be overkill for what you mentioned.
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Or you could just get one great all around product, HD Speed. It is an amazing all in one and a great starting product.

3D Professional Detailing Products, HD car care, 3D HD

3D HD Speed
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Or you could just get one great all around product, HD Speed. It is an amazing all in one and a great starting product.

3D Professional Detailing Products, HD car care, 3D HD

3D HD Speed
    ^^ this.

there are a dozen or more really really good products. all will work. as some say, find one you like and use it often (or as needed )

I am really a fan of HD Speed. Works great on Toyota's paint, finishes among the best out there in terms of gloss and refined polish and is super easy to remove. You can top it with just about any LSP if you wish to do so. It is an all in one but some like to top it with strong products. HD Poxy is there sealant that works great too.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

What do you have as far as machine and pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I took so long to respond back. I got called in to work and it's been crazy every since. I have the PC 7424xp. Dual Action 5 Inch HD Hook & Loop Backing Plate ,CCS 6.5 inch Orange Light Cutting Pad,CCS 6.5 inch Black Finishing Pad. I have got to get some more pads . The 3d hd speed sounds good. Should I wax over it or just use it alone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marknett View Post
    Sorry I took so long to respond back. I got called in to work and it's been crazy every since. I have the PC 7424xp. Dual Action 5 Inch HD Hook & Loop Backing Plate ,CCS 6.5 inch Orange Light Cutting Pad,CCS 6.5 inch Black Finishing Pad. I have got to get some more pads . The 3d hd speed sounds good. Should I wax over it or just use it alone?
    It's an AIO (All In One), which claims that you don't need to, but I think all are in agreement to top with your favorite wax (as the guys stated above).

HD Speed is magical. custmsprty recommended this to me after I saw his mirror-like work and PM'd him.
    He confirmed that it indeed works as advertised. Boy, was he right. Easy, easy, easy. My truck looked better than ever when done, then I put on 3 coats of Collinite 845.

Phenomenal!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast