autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating and CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover

I have had the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating on all of the windows on my personal car since about Thanksgiving 2014.

The accumulation of water spots on the glass had gotten to the point that I couldn't take it anymore. Not wanting to polish the glass yet I tried using the CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover.

It did a very good job of removing the water spots. However, the 3 windows I experimented on seems like the CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover has completely removed the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating.

It still had very good beading and high water contact angle prior to removing the water spots. Now the water sits there with barely any beading. I have cleaned the window several times with IG and Griots glass cleaner so the glass should be clean too.

Guess its time to repolish the other windows and reapply the coating already.

Not complaining about either product. This is just a FYI for anyone that uses these products.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating and CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover

You may have, but since the Carpro Water spot remover is designed to work with a coating, it should be okay.

I know that on paint, it is a good idea to wash back over the area with a product like Reset.

HUMP
    Carolina Auto Image
    Upstate South Carolina - Premium Exclusive Automotive Reconditioning
    info@carolinaautoimage.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating and CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover

Yes, I have washed the car and been in the rain since. I think it killed it.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thing you had a coating on there or the water spots wouldn't have been so easy to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I have had the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating on all of the windows on my personal car since about Thanksgiving 2014.

The accumulation of water spots on the glass had gotten to the point that I couldn't take it anymore. Not wanting to polish the glass yet I tried using the CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover.
    DBailey I'm a little confused by the post but certainly interested in your issue. Are you saying that the coating creates beading, but the beads are creating water spots over time? If so, are you saying that the coating should be PREVENTING the water spots BECAUSE the windows are coated? I agree with Nick that the water spots were easier to remove because of the coating, I think I'm just confused by the post. I think expectation management comes to play here as water spots will form to that sacrificial coating (in my mind), but the big picture is the coating is there to prevent it from etching into the glass and creating even more of an issue.

I have two bottles of this product sitting on my shelf so I'm interested in what you're saying here...

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXTJosh View Post
    DBailey I'm a little confused by the post but certainly interested in your issue. Are you saying that the coating creates beading, but the beads are creating water spots over time? If so, are you saying that the coating should be PREVENTING the water spots BECAUSE the windows are coated? I agree with Nick that the water spots were easier to remove because of the coating, I think I'm just confused by the post. I think expectation management comes to play here as water spots will form to that sacrificial coating (in my mind), but the big picture is the coating is there to prevent it from etching into the glass and creating even more of an issue.

I have two bottles of this product sitting on my shelf so I'm interested in what you're saying here...
    I think the intent of this thread is to share his experience removing water spots from glass.

We learned 3 things from this thread:

1. Water spots are easily removed from coated windows/windshields.
    2. CarPro Spotless works well.
    3. For best performance it's best to re-apply your coating of choice after using a water spot remover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    I think the intent of this thread is to share his experience removing water spots from glass.

We learned 3 things from this thread:

1. Water spots are easily removed from coated windows/windshields.
    2. CarPro Spotless works well.
    3. For best performance it's best to re-apply your coating of choice after using a water spot remover.

Ahh, ok. When re-reading it from that perspective it makes sense now. I was initially concerned he was having issues with the PBL coating that I'm about to apply on my cars. Got it, thanks Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Nick caught the meaning of my post correctly. Unfortunately, so far my expectation management with every coating I have tried so far is to expect waterspots.

I think that waterspots are a real world problem for all these coating makers. I won't even put a coating a customer black car anymore unless it is a garage queen. I DID NOT have nearly any complaints about waterspots for nearly 9 years of using the polymer sealants and hybrids and since I have been pushing coating upgrades I am getting complaints. Carpro Spotless does work but what a pain in the ass and you'll almost always mar some panel doing it.

A 2 year durability is meaningless when you can't keep the waterspots under control. And saying that you just need to keep it topped is not realistic on a customer car, so don't even bother posting it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fascinated by this thread. I have been shopping coating for a little bit, and the more I keep looking, I keep liking the HD Nitro Seal. It seems idiot proof, claims about a year, and no crazy maintenance.

Post Thanks / Like

Did this jeep today with Pinnacle glass coating. I must say the glass looks mint. The customer said it looked fake when he picked up the vehicle. Like something from a magazine that was photoshopped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating and CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover-image-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast