autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating and CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover

I have experienced the water spot issue on my non topped CQUK on my black GMC Sierra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating and CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover

So basically carpro spot less removed the pinnacle glass coating?

Does it mean pinnancle glass coating is not immune to carpro spotless?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ragas View Post
    So basically carpro spot less removed the pinnacle glass coating?

Does it mean pinnancle glass coating is not immune to carpro spotless?
    I think you are missing the point...Coatings DONT stop water spots from occurring... Best way to simplify is to imagine a clear coat on top of the glass that is created by the coating...whatever would of happened to the glass is now happening on top of the coating INSTEAD OF the glass... By creating this barrier, it makes cleanup much easier as well as water beeding. My longest car that has the glass coating on it is a little over 100 days and it still works like the day it was put on. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    I think you are missing the point...Coatings DONT stop water spots from occurring... Best way to simplify is to imagine a clear coat on top of the glass that is created by the coating...whatever would of happened to the glass is now happening on top of the coating INSTEAD OF the glass... By creating this barrier, it makes cleanup much easier as well as water beeding. My longest car that has the glass coating on it is a little over 100 days and it still works like the day it was put on. Hope that helps.

I understand your point . My thinking was in a different direction . Spotless used on CQuartz does not remove the coating . Hence the conclusion that pinnacle coating is not immune to spotless.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a couple of facts and a few thoughts

#1 Fact: CarPro Spotless is an acidic mineral deposit remover (off the top of my head I believe the pH is around 4)
    #2 Fact: Acidic or alkaline based product will strip waxes and sealants (some easier than other) and extreme acidic and alkaline products (pH <2 or>12) will disrupt/kill coatings.
    #3 Fact: Coatings do not "proof" against water spots but merely protects and retards the process (some better than others)
    #4 Anecdotal: I've used spotless on a variety of coatings (OPT, CQuartz etc..) and on variety of surfaces (paint, glass etc..) and it does work as intended on "deposits" but not on the physical damage (etching)
    #5 Anecdotal: I've used spotless on a variety of sealants and variety of surfaces (sealed paint, glass etc..) and it does work as intended but did kill the hydrophobicity, even after repeated washes to neutralize the product

I would love to speculate on why PBL would be susceptible to Spotless, but having no intimate knowledge of the chemistry behind the product everything suggested would be purely speculative and most likely detrimental to the product line. Nick's suggestion to reapply after using the Spotless seems logical especially if the Spotless kills PBL

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

In case the PBL coating is not immune against compositions such as spotless,it would be better if the same is mentioned in the product description so that customers are aware of what they use on coatings. Since there are so many coatings available in the market currently people take some of their resistance properties as common across coatings which does not look the case to be

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12