autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Liquid Cyrstal Waterless Wash Concentrate with Carnauba

^ I'm wondering if the effect Allan is experiencing is related to the coating on the paint? I like the Pinnacle rinseless the best compared to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have only experienced issues with smearing or streaking on paint, usually when I spray too much solution on the surface. I actually use the waterless on all exterior surfaces (plastic, glass), works awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Where did you find the 1:128 rinseless dilution ratio? TIA.

Bob
    I potentially passed along bad information, Bob. I believe I made that up on the spot with the logic that any waterless could be used as a rinsless as long as it's in the 1 oz/gallon ratio if it's coming from a true-concentrate, which Pinnacle Waterless is.
    I have Pinnacle Waterless and it seams it is chalked-full of goodies. It almost looks like milk. Again, I'm just assuming it's safe as a waterless.
    If I have passsed bad info, I apologize.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Why would further dilution of this product from a 1:32 ratio, to possibly a 1:128 ratio...as suggested above for a rinseless-wash...result in this product smearing? TIA.

Bob
    Bob, IME it seems as if most products WW/RW product with carnauba sometimes leave a slight film or haze on glass and may take a little extra effort to remove. Usually I do more WWs than RWs.

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I don't thing the product is as good as any of the more commonly used rinseless products and the protection left by the carnauba is very minimal
    I don't think the product is all that bad but I have to agree with you on the fact that their are so many other products that yield a better result. I can't quite say it's the worse. I
    Always keep the shine in your life.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    ^ I'm wondering if the effect Allan is experiencing is related to the coating on the paint? I like the Pinnacle rinseless the best compared to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The smearing is only on the glass and only with the Pinnacle Waterless with Carnauba. It occurs at all dilution rates and when used neat

It is fine on paint, but requires more buffing than I am willing to do, when other better products are out there

The Pinnacle Rinseless is not a bad product and did not affect glass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    I potentially passed along bad information, Bob. I believe I made that up on the spot with the logic that any waterless could be used as a rinsless as long as it's in the 1 oz/gallon ratio if it's coming from a true-concentrate, which Pinnacle Waterless is.
    I have Pinnacle Waterless and it seams it is chalked-full of goodies. It almost looks like milk. Again, I'm just assuming it's safe as a waterless.
    If I have passsed bad info, I apologize.
    That's pretty sound logic, IMO.

Note:
    I just couldn't find the ratio conversion from WW to RW.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me I would just get the Pinnacle Rinseless wash w/carnauba. I have that and use it quite a bit for almost everything from clay lube, rinseless wash as well as spot clean-up. I do not do the waterless wash method so I cannot comment on the results for that. The dirt spot or dust removal with that product is very effective. There are many uses for that product.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is interested, Junkman2000, has a 4 part video series on youtube, roughly 30 mins, on the topic of waterless washes. Specifically, he addresses waterless washing misconceptions, flaws, and proper technique.
    He sacrafices the scratch-free finish on his Corvette by purposely instilling extremely-light scratches while using an improper, but common waterless wash technique.
    I watched the series and found it very enlightning as to how easy it is to scratch CC.
    He's thorough, so it's slow going. However, I think even detailing veterans could benefit from watching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12