autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

The description for Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion says:

gentle chemical cleaners, and micro-fine fillers to polish your car without abrasives
    Would appreciate an explanation of the apparently contradictory terms used above: "gentle" vs "cleaners", and "fillers that polish" vs "without abrasives".

Better yet, would be nice if there were photographs -- similar to those in this article by David Ghodoussi -- that would show the surface just before and just after the use of Paintwork Cleansing Lotion.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Referencing the linked article:

Thank Dr. G for the advances OPT has made in the Consumer Coating Market

I do not trust the Marketing Arm of OPT at all

It is disingenuous to suggest that Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze when properly applied will put swirl marks in your paint

#7 instructions indicate application using a terry towel. If used improperly, you could indeed scratch your finish with a terry towel...it has nothing to do with the #7

Why is OPT using #7 to representative traditional waxes anyway. It is a glaze

OPT has good products and don't need to exaggerate or mislead. Maybe they hired their Marketing Team away from Chemical Guys?

2 microns with 10mL.. my rear end

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish is a Marketing Term that is used a lot of ways

Some people use the terms polish and wax interchangeable

Naming of automotive products is strange:

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 is actually a polish containing abrasives and it is not used as a glaze

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sg. View Post
    The description for Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion says:

Would appreciate an explanation of the apparently contradictory terms used above: "gentle" vs "cleaners", and "fillers that polish" vs "without abrasives".

Better yet, would be nice if there were photographs -- similar to those in this article by David Ghodoussi -- that would show the surface just before and just after the use of Paintwork Cleansing Lotion.
    Part of your confusion may be just focusing on some words that resonate with you rather than absorbing the full context of the entire sentence. For example:

"fillers that polish" closely emulates this phrase in the ad... "uses a combination of gloss-enhancing oils, gentle chemical cleaners, and micro-fine fillers to polish your car without abrasives."

So the context here is that oils + chemical cleaners + filers = "polish". They are certainly defining the word in a unique manner. I use PCL and I like it a lot. I also tend to think of this product as a cleaning product moreso than a polishing product. To each his own.

Post Thanks / Like

Gentle vs harsh. Meaning just enough to get the job done vs. overkill to get the job done. Like using an abrasive polish instead of a compound because that's all that is needed. Cleaners can be gentle. I'd take Palmolive over lye soap to wash my hands every time.

"Fillers that polish" is an incorrect juxtaposition of the words from the original statement that do in fact change the meaning. It says "fillers to polish your car without abrasives".

Polish in the latter original instance is an action upon the vehicle, not a process of the product.

In your rewording of the original statement you imply the product polishes without abrasives and that is an incorrect assumption that the act of polishing cannot be completed without abrasives.

If you believe that the term polish must mean some form of leveling paint via use of an abrasive product, then the pinnacle product doesn't meet your somewhat narrow and limited definition, but the act of polishing is very commonly interchangeable with terms like buffing or waxing.

You've got two separate threads going about this, and by the tone of the writing, it appears that you're on some sort of witch hunt our mythbuster type expedition here with the pinnacle paint work cleanser firmly in your crosshairs.

Perhaps you should simply state your problem with the product or is claims without beating around the bush, as it were.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a great product IMO when using as pre-wax specially if your plan is using Pinnacle Souveran Wax for protection, it does bright the paint, it cleans very well and smooth the finish of the clear cloat for a great finish. I love it and works wonders IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Referencing the linked article:

Thank Dr. G for the advances OPT has made in the Consumer Coating Market

I do not trust the Marketing Arm of OPT at all

It is disingenuous to suggest that Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze when properly applied will put swirl marks in your paint

#7 instructions indicate application using a terry towel. If used improperly, you could indeed scratch your finish with a terry towel...it has nothing to do with the #7

Why is OPT using #7 to representative traditional waxes anyway. It is a glaze

OPT has good products and don't need to exaggerate or mislead. Maybe they hired their Marketing Team away from Chemical Guys?

2 microns with 10mL.. my rear end
    Article is 10 years old so it could be when they were initially starting out or maybe there was some reformultions in the products used or possibly a typo?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GettingStarted View Post
    Article is 10 years old so it could be when they were initially starting out or maybe there was some reformultions in the products used or possibly a typo?
    So their promotional tactics have been consistent for a decade

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Dunno. It makes sense to me. It cleans your paint chemically, fills some defects via a glaze component - with no abrasive. The term "polish" can mean anything from removing defects to hiding them.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some and have never used it

I have heard of read that it can be effective for cleaning around script emblems to remove TOGW and accumulated dirt

As I understand it, you just glob it on, massage into the nooks, let is dwell, agitate and rinse

Emblems are always frustrating when you can't remove them to polish behind

They look fine from 2-3 feet, but try taking a close-up photo with a flash...they always look terrible

Does anyone have any Secrets?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast