autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which wax to make flake pop and add depth!!

So I recently applied SON1C Protowax 93 to my car and love the depth it added, and way it made the flake pop. But as this wax is only a prototype I may not be able to get more of it. Looking for suggestions on what waxes you guys would use? For some reason I keep looking at the wet ice over fire kit. But I am wide open to any ideas you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which wax to make flake pop and add depth!!

I, too, was once pleased with a particular SON1C prototype-wax.
    Not too long afterwards: CARNAUBAVORE WAX came to fruition.

In the interim I was not dismayed, and turned my eyes towards the LSP that has never disappointed me with it's "Best In Class" D.O.I.: Meguiar's M26!

I will not discourage you, or anyone else for that matter, in using M26 now; until "93's" incarnation has occurred; or even after its advent.

IMHO: M26...Good Stuff!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EVOlved;1087653]So I recently applied SON1C Protowax 93 to my car and love the depth it added, and way it made the flake pop. But as this wax is only a prototype I may not be able to get more of it. Looking for suggestions on what waxes you guys would use? For some reason I keep looking at the wet ice over fire kit. But I am wide open to any ideas you have.

Pinnacle SSii wax is awesome for flake. Also WG Fuzion really makes flake pop. Personally I feel Pinnacle one is better but that's just me. Good luck on your search

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 09 ram in metallic black I've tried a bunch of different products and my favorite is Chemical Guys Backlight topped with collinite. It took me a while to jump on the collinite bandwagon but I'm so glad I did.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the BF kit.. But I'm of the belief that proper polishing will give you the look and all the toppers are just to preserve.

Sent from my Alien ship

Post Thanks / Like

I like keeping it simple and Ive learned so much here so that said I have no experience with the waxes you speak of but what I do to acheive max shine and wetness is prep prep prep and polish polish polish that's where your "shine" comes from as Ive learned imo
    Last edited by DogRescuer; 04-22-2014 at 07:29 AM. Reason: not geet
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Fuzion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I, too, was once pleased with a particular SON1C prototype-wax.
    Not too long afterwards: CARNAUBAVORE WAX came to fruition.

In the interim I was not dismayed, and turned my eyes towards the LSP that has never disappointed me with it's "Best In Class" D.O.I.: Meguiar's M26!

I will not discourage you, or anyone else for that matter, in using M26 now; until "93's" incarnation has occurred; or even after its advent.

IMHO: M26...Good Stuff!!

Bob
    I feel accomplished in life now I got a real response out of Bob!! Thank you Bob. I may have to check it out, how is the longevity of it?

I use the BF kit.. But I'm of the belief that proper polishing will give you the look and all the toppers are just to preserve.

Sent from my Alien ship
    I understand all that, just with this wax vs. my previous LSP I notice much more life in the paint and I didn't even repolish .

Post Thanks / Like

I did some searching regarding this myself a while back. My car is black with metal flake and I was looking into waxes for black cars, but most of the waxes I was interested in seemed to mute the flakes according to other users. After some more searching and abandoning black waxes, I found Pinnacle Signature Series II wax was getting a lot of comments and high regards for making metal flake pop so I grabbed some during the Black Friday sale last year and love it. I'd like to try Fuzion as well but that one will have to wait for a few years as I'm perfectly happy with how SSII performs and makes my flakes pop.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...the more different waxes I try, the more I am learning that it has less to do with the wax, and much more to do with what goes into the prep prior to waxing.

Having said that, I love Fuzion. It is such a pleasure to use and no one can argue with the results.

M26 has a pleasant smell, but the last time I used it (which was a while ago) I remember it being a little difficult to remove. WOWO waxes never have that problem.

SSII has also gotten very good reviews on this forum, especially for the money.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast