autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle black label paint sealant

I want to give this stuff a try. Do you guys recommend throwing some wax on top? Im sure some carnauba wax wont hurt.
    2003 SVT COBRA
    Built and prepped by Mustang Magic (home of snakebite)
    Tuned by Joey at Mustang Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle black label paint sealant

No reason to waste your wax. You'll love the finish, but the sealant takes getting used too. Do it, leave it, love it. Very low maintenance and the wax will not really add anything to the experience. If you want to pick up the booster for added shine.
    Make sure you prep it correctly, and the PBL glass and surface polish are great too.

Post Thanks / Like

sweet. Just started reading about this stuff so I have no experience with it. Glad you told me about no wax needed. I guess I can go over it with some quick detail or there booster.
    2003 SVT COBRA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stangfreak View Post
    I want to give this stuff a try. Do you guys recommend throwing some wax on top? Im sure some carnauba wax wont hurt.
    It's a durable sealant in my experience, easy on - easy off. I've topped it with Blackfire BlackICE. If you were to top with a wax, which one were you planning to use?

Post Thanks / Like

I think PBL Black Sealant is awesome. I do put a coat of wax on top of it to bring out the wet look. However, I am no longer going to be using PBL Sealant on my ride as I am going strictly wax as I wax my car 1 time a month regardless if I need it or not.

I will be using PBL Sealant on my GF car and my close friends car. I will be putting a coat of wax on it too. They do not take care of their cars as much as I do and they will need the sealant for longevity. I like putting on PBL Sealant with a DA works great!!

BTW, your Stang looks sweet!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Im a big fan of dodo juice waxes. I played around with a few. I used diamond white and fantastic soft on my car. Good wax for a light color. There basics of bling is great too. Poor boys natty paste wax is good. I then top it off with pinnacle crystal mist which I think is one of the best quick detailer or chemical guys v7.

I got so many different waxes I am not sure what I would top it off with. I have to see how the car will come out. I may just end up using v7 or crystal mist. Then again I do have some chemical guys lava wax.

I love to wax my car a lot as well kamakaz. After a few times I will strip it all down and start over again. I love trying different products. I still wax by hand. Just something about waxing by hand, I feel at peace and really enjoy the product much more. My daily driver, 2010 ford fusion, I use my griots polisher. My cobra, I do it all by hand.
    2003 SVT COBRA

Post Thanks / Like

Stangfreak I hear ya!! I am going to try Zymol Concourse wax in the very near future. I am going to strip my car and just use wax only as my LSP. I did use Dodo Juice Supernatural wax and so far, that has been my favorite wax...hands down.

You take care of your stang (Cobra) like I do...way cool. I no longer wax by hand, I use a DA. It is much faster and the wax goes on much more evenly and uniformly. I use either the Flex 3401 or PC 7424 XP or the Griots 3"...just depends on my mood. I still get the same satisfaction and peace of mind as you do.

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend using the Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating. It is awesome. I recently put a coat of wax over the PBL Paint Coating and it does look awesome.

Suggest the 4 oz. bottle priced at about $79.99....it goes on ultra thin and there is enough to complete about 3 or 4 cars.

Great stuff. Kit comes with applicator and microfiber cloth.

I used a clay bar first then cleaned the car with a detailing polish sold from AG.

Results after application of the PBL Diamond Paint Coating product is AWESOME. It's worth every penny spent.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill pick up a bottle. Man everytime I order stuff from autogeek I end up spending more than I wanted to lol.
    2003 SVT COBRA

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the club lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast