autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

MF that come w/PBL Coating kit?

I am trying to guage what is a good microfiber towel. I purchased the pbl coating kit and it comes w/2 MF Silk edged towels with different pile on each side. It feels catchy to my hand when I run it down the towel. Is this a junk towel for the most part? I purchased the waffle weave and the blue eagle or whatever it is that junkman suggested in his video and used those last night. The fluffier edgeless was terrible for taking off the wax left behind from DP QD...obviously need a shorter pile...but those towels didn't seem to be catchy at all.

Hopefully this makes sense...are the towels that come with the kit any good and would you use them on your paint. And what are your thoughts and the uses for the other two I mentioned?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF that come w/PBL Coating kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo1133 View Post
    I am trying to guage what is a good microfiber towel. I purchased the pbl coating kit and it comes w/2 MF Silk edged towels with different pile on each side. It feels catchy to my hand when I run it down the towel. Is this a junk towel for the most part? I purchased the waffle weave and the blue eagle or whatever it is that junkman suggested in his video and used those last night. The fluffier edgeless was terrible for taking off the wax left behind from DP QD...obviously need a shorter pile...but those towels didn't seem to be catchy at all.

Hopefully this makes sense...are the towels that come with the kit any good and would you use them on your paint. And what are your thoughts and the uses for the other two I mentioned?
    The towels are the blue Miracle towels they are good towels.

As for the catchy feeling I'm not going to beat this subject down but if you want to talk towel talk with Tony aka Cardaddy. Basically what it comes down to the the catchy feeling is that the fibers are looped at the end and not cut thats why it feels catchy. because they catch on your skin has nothing to do with quality at all. There is nothing wrong with those towels.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Deebo

Look into this thread and they talk about MF towels. Usually the towels that come as a bonus when I purchase a great product from AGO; I usually use it to clean my Glasses (that I wear on my head) or I give them to my next door neighbor.

Look at the following thread and you will get some better knowledge on the MF towels.

Here is the header for the thread: Guys talking Towels - Bulk or One Off - Good Bad or Ugly

FYI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo1133 View Post
    I purchased the pbl coating kit and it comes w/2 MF Silk edged towels with different pile on each side.

Is this a junk towel for the most part?

...are the towels that come with the kit any good and would you use them on your paint.
    Did you buy the PBL Coating kit from AGO?

For the life of me I can't see a classy Business bundling-in a "junk" MF towel, for use with one their more highly touted Brand's: Coating-product.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I did by it from AG and I love the knowledge around here, I thought the same thing as far as why would they put bad towels with a high end product? I am learning and they feel not much different than my 30 pack from Sams club but they are thicker and have the different pile on each side and the silk borders. I mean no offense to AG, but in my lack of understanding of what makes a good towel, I was following someones advice that may not be quite as credible as I origionally thought. Identifying what towels they are is another help for me to learn more about them. I do know they are tagless and from Evan's response I have now figured that out. And again, thank you Evan and the rest of you for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I could help. Like I said if you want to really learn about towels Cardaddy is a great guy and you can learn from him. He is a great guy down to earth and will certainly make you laugh if you talk on the phone with him, but will educate you more than anything.

All my towels are catchy so does that make them garbage? No not at all and I have never had an issue with my towels even on the softest paint that I have worked on. I'll stick with what I have learned from Cardaddy and what the towels have done on the softest paints I have worked on.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page