autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Difference in PBL Surface coating and Paint Coating?

What are the differences in PBL Surface Coating and Paint Coating? Application differences as well? I thought I understood after talking with a knowledgable detailer but read conflicting info here!

On the Surface Coating you apply per panel (or part thereof), then when done with that area, wipe down with a soft MF, correct?

I read about the Paint Coating about applying to the whole car then wiping down.

I'm now officially confused on 2 levels, the difference in product and application! b
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference in PBL Surface coating and Paint Coating?

The Surface Coating can be applied to anything, paint, glass, wheels, trim. The Paint Coating was intended only for paint.

You'll get a better hydrophobic effect using the Paint Coating rather than the Surface Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference in PBL Surface coating and Paint Coating?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    What are the differences in PBL Surface Coating and Paint Coating? Application differences as well? I thought I understood after talking with a knowledgable detailer but read conflicting info here!

On the Surface Coating you apply per panel (or part thereof), then when done with that area, wipe down with a soft MF, correct?

I read about the Paint Coating about applying to the whole car then wiping down.

I'm now officially confused on 2 levels, the difference in product and application! b
    This is the 3rd vehicle I've applied PBL glass, paint , and wheel coating too:

2012 Toyota RAV4 - PBL Glass, Paint, & Wheel Coating

In my experience, it was simpler to apply coating to a panel then come back and buff off the high spots with an MF towel. Additionally, make sure temp are at least above 60 for application.