autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle WW concentrate as a QD

Hi,
    I was wondering what dilution ratio should I keep when using Pinnacle crystal waterless wash concentrate as a QD (for light day to day dust removal between regular car washes). I understand this product hasn't been advertised to be used as a QD but I dont see how can it not be a QD and better. While Ultimate WW does make a mention of using that as a QD and also suggests to not go stronger than its suggested dilution (1:44). I was wondering if the same would apply to Pinnacle WW as well i.e. 1:32 for a QD use as well.
    I am assuming if this dilution can handle a waterless wash, perhaps the light dust removal should be a piece of cake for it. I am not really spraying generously though as you would do for a WW, but enough that a mist covers all *light* dusty surface of the panel. The outcome is great but just in the back of mind thinking the dust isn't scratching my surface because of the dilution ratio.
    Thoughts ?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use it as a post wash topper/drying aid/qd. I actually rarely use it as a true waterless wash on a dirty car. Even at 32:1 it leaves a very slick surface. This leads me to believe that mixing significantly heavier would only waste product at best, or cause streaking at worst.

I saw a thread a couple weeks ago where someone used it mixed 16:1 and was happy with its performance, however.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle WW concentrate as a QD

I actually had a long conversation with Dr. G (Mr Optimum) about manufacturer suggested dilution ratios. His comments were they always give the max dilution rate that yields satisfactory results. Like ONR the label suggested 8 oz per gallon but....Dr G mixes his chemical at 12 oz per gallon. I've taken that as an industry standard and with something like Pinnacle WW, I tried it initially at 1:32. It was ok but than increased the mix by 20% so 1:25 and IMHO, it works much better. YMMV but...I've seen very positive results with this generalized rule when it comes to mixing concentrates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    I actually had a long conversation with Dr. G (Mr Optimum) about manufacturer suggested dilution ratios. His comments were they always give the max dilution rate that yields satisfactory results. Like ONR the label suggested 8 oz per gallon but....Dr G mixes his chemical at 12 oz per gallon. I've taken that as an industry standard and with something like Pinnacle WW, I tried it initially at 1:32. It was ok but than increased the mix by 20% so 1:25 and IMHO, it works much better. YMMV but...I've seen very positive results with this generalized rule when it comes to mixing concentrates.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjs5117 View Post
    I use it as a post wash topper/drying aid/qd. I actually rarely use it as a true waterless wash on a dirty car. Even at 32:1 it leaves a very slick surface. This leads me to believe that mixing significantly heavier would only waste product at best, or cause streaking at worst.

I saw a thread a couple weeks ago where someone used it mixed 16:1 and was happy with its performance, however.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the insight. Do you think Pinnacle spray wax would mix (say 1:1) well with a diluted WW(1:32) for post wash usage (drying aid + wax booster). Something like a customised version of crystal mist to rejuvenate the carnauba look. This would strictly be for post wash though. Would mix or streak?

--
    Sent from a hand held device

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle WW concentrate as a QD

Quote Originally Posted by sealthedeal View Post
    Thanks

Thanks for the insight. Do you think Pinnacle spray wax would mix (say 1:1) well with a diluted WW(1:32) for post wash usage (drying aid + wax booster). Something like a customised version of crystal mist to rejuvenate the carnauba look. This would strictly be for post wash though. Would mix or streak?

--
    Sent from a hand held device
    Seems like a waste of time to mix all of that when you could just use a spray wax or QD!

Also, any waterless wash can be a QD. In fact they're probably way better at removing minore grime and such.
    Back to the full-time grind.