autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Pinnacle SSII on silver metallic?

Can anyone post their experience (ideally pictures) with using Pinnacle SSII on a silver metallic . I am a little undecided between SSII and Liquid Souveran. I know I know, I can't go wrong with any of them (over 4*UPP) but few personal experiences of users will help. I am after best looks (shimmering/glossy/metallic pop/wet) but I also want the looks to be durable and not just go away instantly in a few days time (car isn't a daily driver & is garaged but does get dusty and I already have Pinnacle WW + spray wax for post wash booster). So, SSII or Liquid souveran on a silver metallic?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle SSII on silver metallic?

I am not a pro but I would recommend poor boys pro polish on a black pad use it as a paint cleaner. You will be surprised how much brighter the paint will look. Than I would use liquid souveran to keep that brightness
    Just my 2c

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used either on silver metallic, I typically use Pinnacle on non metallic. I just redid my truck (2011 duramax bright silver metallic) with BF wet ice over fire. Love the way it looks on metallic in general and the truck came out great. I didn't take any pics and it is sitting outside getting snowed on right now. We're supposed to get some nice weather early next week, I'll try to get a couple pics for you.

Post Thanks / Like

SSII would be my definite choice. It's a really nice wax that will add that last bit of flare you are looking for. Liquid Souveran isn't a personal favorite.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, the weather isn't too bad today so I took a couple pics that I promised. This is my daily driver with Blackfire wet ice over fire. I completed this about 2 weeks ago and it's been sitting outside since. Been through 2 different snow/ice storms without being washed so it's a little dirty, but I think you can see what this will do for silver metallic. Also, keep in mind this is my DD so I have not done a complete paint correction on it. This is AIO on a truck with 40k miles, pulled an RV from one end of the country to the other, and taken several hunting/fishing trips back into areas no meant for man.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pinnacle SSII on silver metallic?-001-800x469-jpg   Pinnacle SSII on silver metallic?-002-800x489-jpg   Pinnacle SSII on silver metallic?-006-800x518-jpg   Pinnacle SSII on silver metallic?-005-800x777-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I use SSII on my wife's silver metallic Toyota Highlander. I think it looks great. That color is also great for hiding dirt and with the SSII it seems to shine through it being dirty. Keeps me from having to wash it so often.
    Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
    Okay, the weather isn't too bad today so I took a couple pics that I promised. This is my daily driver with Blackfire wet ice over fire. I completed this about 2 weeks ago and it's been sitting outside since. Been through 2 different snow/ice storms without being washed so it's a little dirty, but I think you can see what this will do for silver metallic. Also, keep in mind this is my DD so I have not done a complete paint correction on it. This is AIO on a truck with 40k miles, pulled an RV from one end of the country to the other, and taken several hunting/fishing trips back into areas no meant for man.
    Thanks for posting pictures. It looks great. In my experience, I have used BFWD on silver alone and I noticed it slightly darkened the look (and slightly muted metallic silver pop). The look on the car was definitely dripping wet and glowing. Did you notice anything as such?

Based on some reviews, people generally recommend BF for mid/dark tones (ofcourse if you are picky to the minute extent).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    SSII would be my definite choice. It's a really nice wax that will add that last bit of flare you are looking for. Liquid Souveran isn't a personal favorite.
    SS II it is then...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice a darkening effect, in fact, just the opposite. I was really surprised at how bright the silver looked under the light in the garage and when the sun hits it. I first used the BF on red jewel tint Malibu (wife's daily driver) and loved the look on the dark color. Decided to try it on silver (I used to use Hi-Temp Terminator on it). My opinion, it really brought it to life. With that said, I have also been considering SSII. Maybe next time I'll try one of each on the doors so I can get a good side-by-side comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

both are great combo's with silver, as is Blackfire sealant ....

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast