autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle rinseless and waterless wash question

Hello everyone,

New user to the forum here and first of all I would like to thank everyone who shares their knowledge of car detailing with everyone here on autogeek. It really means a lot and I have started developing detailing skills which I did not have at all before.

Kindly bare with me while reading my brief discussion and questions below:

I just purchased a black car last month and in order to get it ready for the harsh winter here in West Virginia I did the following steps
    Wash with Duragloss 901 (carpro sheepskin mitt)
    IronX
    Klasse Twins ( AIO then a layer of Klasse Glaze)
    *IMP* I have collinnite 845 wax BUT unfortunately I was not able to apply it on the car the weekend I thoroughly cleaned it because I ran out of time and the following weeks it was too cold to do anything outside. So I missed on apply the 845 wax on it.
    Now here is my big dilemma, I just purchase Pinnacle rinseless wash with carnauba wax and Pinnacle waterless wash with carnauba.
    Since I live in an apartment building and do not have access to an easy washing environment ( I did the previous washing at a friends hosue)...I plan on using rinseless wash with carnauba on my car and then later throughout the week when the car gets dirty I plan on applying waterless wash with carnauba as a quick detailer.

Now my biggest question is, after I rinseless wash my car carefully can I apply a layer of Collinite 845 after I dry the car off and buff it off (buff because rinseless has carnauba wax in it) with a microfiber towel. Would the collinite 845 apply fine without giving any problems? or do i need to take the car down to my friends again and wash it with duragloss 901 and a water hose? Or should I just use the rinseless and waterless methods on the car this winter since they have a little carnauba wax in them and then when spring comes, just wash the car, use Klasse twins, and then at that time apply collinite 845?

If anyone could answer the above questions I would really really appreciate it. I am just worried I don't have enough protection on the car for this winter. Thank you so much once again for all that you members do here for us newbies with detailing.

Mike Phillips

Re: Pinnacle rinseless and waterless wash question

Quote Originally Posted by Shaakra View Post

Would the collinite 845 apply fine without giving any problems?
    Yes.

Or should I just use the rinseless and waterless methods on the car this winter since they have a little carnauba wax in them and then when spring comes, just wash the car, use Klasse twins, and then at that time apply collinite 845?
    That's a perfectly good option. While the paint is still perfected, get it clean and apply the 845 to help get you through the winter and use either the rinseless or waterless wash to maintain.

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Yes.

That's a perfectly good option. While the paint is still perfected, get it clean and apply the 845 to help get you through the winter and use either the rinseless or waterless wash to maintain.

Hi Mike!

Big fan of your work and thanks for your prompt reply. Just to clarify, I CAN use collinite 845 after rinseless washing the car? Also since it is going to be cold outside during the day (30-40c temp), will those temp conditions be okay for the collinite 845? I don't know how the 845 is supposed to act during application in cold weather.

Thanks again

Mike Phillips

Hi Mike!

Big fan of your work and thanks for your prompt reply. Just to clarify, I CAN use collinite 845 after rinseless washing the car?
    Yes.

This is a pure wax, that is it's a non-cleaning wax. I also call these finishing waxes. The opposite of a cleaner/wax as it can only be applied to paint in perfect or show car quality condition.

Just wash, wipe clean and apply a THIN coat. Allow it to dry to a haze and then carefully remove. Somewhere I have an article on how to correctly fold and use a MF towel to wipe off a finishing wax or finishing sealant and I know Ive shared these techniques in dozens of videos.

Also since it is going to be cold outside during the day (30-40c temp), will those temp conditions be okay for the collinite 845?

I don't know how the 845 is supposed to act during application in cold weather.

Thanks again

Read Nick's article here,

Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

and my article here,

What temperature ranges are best for applying compounds, polishes, waxes and paint sealants

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Yes.

Does the 845 bond well with the Klasse twins? .

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi65 View Post
    Does the 845 bond well with the Klasse twins? .

Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle rinseless vs. Meg Ultimate wash and wax

I might be comparing apples to oranges here, but I notice Meg. Ultimate wash and wax provides much more lubrication with a much higher viscosity than the Pinnacle rinseless. Is this because its a rinseless or what?