autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

About to order Black Label Diamond Coating

Yesterday I received a call to correct and add protection hisealaCar guys who owns a e550 and a 2500 pickup.
    He asked what was the best protection that I offer, I told him and he said order it, so I'll do his truck next weekend then the Benz the following weekend.
    I spoke with AGO yesterday and asked if I could get it on Tuesday if I pay for extra shipping and they said sure.

I'll make plenty on these two cars plus have plenty of coating left to do more cars.
    I'll also order the prep cleaner of course.

This will be my first time using any type of coating so I Hooe some of you guys can give me a few tips on how to use it and what to look out for, I know about the high spots.
    Can you really do up to 25 cars with one 8oz bottle?

Thanks in advance guys.

Mike Phillips

Re: About to order Black Label Diamond Coating

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post

Yesterday I received a call to correct and add protection hisealaCar guys who owns a e550 and a 2500 pickup.
    He asked what was the best protection that I offer, I told him and he said order it, so I'll do his truck next weekend then the Benz the following weekend.
    I spoke with AGO yesterday and asked if I could get it on Tuesday if I pay for extra shipping and they said sure.

I'll make plenty on these two cars plus have plenty of coating left to do more cars.
    I'll also order the prep cleaner of course.
    The owner is going to love the super clear, glassy look... like this...

Black Label Diamond Paint Coating on a 2012 Mercedes-Benz E350

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post

This will be my first time using any type of coating so I Hope some of you guys can give me a few tips on how to use it and what to look out for, I know about the high spots.
    Can you really do up to 25 cars with one 8oz bottle?

Thanks in advance guys.
    The tips I wrote for applying the DP Coating work for the BL Coating also...

Last night we applied the Black Label Diamond Paint Coating to my truck. I was really hesitant because I tend to like applying waxes mostly because I tend to use my truck for a rolling test panel and so nothing is on it for too long.

All I can say is I'm really glad I coated it. I just arrived to work, it's sitting out front of the studio and the paint looks simply amazing.

As for how many cars that of course will always depend upon the size of the car and you and your skill level.

If you look at all the cars I've posted that I've coated I never skimp, by this I mean I coat EVERYTHING including any part of the car that has paint, even the lowest portions of the car under the bumpers, etc. Some guys aren't as detailed, that's up to you.

The key is to have clean, foam applicator pads, don't skimp in this area and then mist a little of the coating onto the paint and gently spread it at and then work it over and into the paint till you basically see it disappear.

Do a panel at a time, no more. Then after you finish applying to a single panel, take a clean, dry microfiber towel and g-e-n-t-l-y wipe the panel. You will be impressed. Then move onto the next panel.

It's really that easy. Like any detail project, the end results always starts with good prep work but you already know that.

Post Thanks / Like

I got to play with the Black Label coating last night with Mike. Nice and easy to use product, the clensing lotion worked well, left a squeaky clean finish. The coating itself, easy as pie to apply and remove. Left a nice glassy smooth finish afterwards. I don't think you will be disappointed. Two cars easy out of bottle, maybe expect 4 to 6 from one? The truck is going to gobble it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure which product you're ordering? The Pinnacle Surface Coating comes in an 8oz bottle, and the Pinnacle Paint Coating comes in a 4oz bottle. Thought I'd mention that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike.
    I watched you and your students apply it and it did look easy to apply it.

I'll order the LC pads that you used.

Will also order Wolfgang Trim Sealant unless theres better?
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Not sure which product you're ordering? The Pinnacle Surface Coating comes in an 8oz bottle, and the Pinnacle Paint Coating comes in a 4oz bottle. Thought I'd mention that.
    I'm ordering the 8oz bottle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some PBL Coating myself, never applied coating before but after watching Mike recent it appears to be very easy. My dilemma now is the temperature for application and curing. High 50's low 60s.

Post Thanks / Like

" Hyper-concentrated formula means a single 8 ounce bottle will completely coat up to 25 vehicles!" ?

I don't see how one 8oz bottle can live up to what is advertised.
    I'd be happy if I could coat just ten cars with one bottle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    What's the difference between the 2? The description seems the same. Did they give the bottles different names just because of the different bottle size? Seems silly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    What's the difference between the 2? The description seems the same. Did they give the bottles different names just because of the different bottle size? Seems silly.

The Diamond Coating allows you to coat pint, glass,chrome and wheel , whereas the other one is only reccomended for paint only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast