autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

XMT Canauba Finishing Glaze over XMT 360?

I was just wondering if anyone saw any reason why I wouldn't or shouldn't put the XMT Finishing Glaze on top of the XMT 360 sealer?

When I used Adams products they had a sealer and a polisher which would be used together.

My plan was to do the XMT 360 to do some minor correction, clean and seal. Then cover that with the Finishing Glaze and then top it off with a coat of wax?

Let me know what you think?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMT Canauba Finishing Glaze over XMT 360?

XMT FG seems to have chemical cleaners so depending on how aggressive you are in applying it (on top of 360), you may not affect the durability of 360's sealant layer.

Personally I would simply use 360 -or- FG, then top with a coat of wax. The reason being is that both have "cleaning" properties.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIOs are a waste of time if you don't used them as intended. Once you top them with anything you might as well just use a finishing polish instead...and top that with a glaze then a sealant.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11Frontier View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone saw any reason why I wouldn't or shouldn't put the XMT Finishing Glaze on top of the XMT 360 sealer?

When I used Adams products they had a sealer and a polisher which would be used together.

My plan was to do the XMT 360 to do some minor correction, clean and seal. Then cover that with the Finishing Glaze and then top it off with a coat of wax?

Let me know what you think?
    thanks
    If you are going to do that then XMT 360 would be the wrong product.

Megs M83 would be a better choice because it doesn't contain any wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just read on another forum site that Pure Carnauba wax is very hard and it's natural color is Yellow. Making this ivory or White does nothing to add benefit to it. I like pinnacle products but their Ivory or White pure Carnauba wax does not shine more that their basic Carnauba wax. Has anyone else heard anything about the color of Carnauba and what it should be? The site also said that you are totally wasting your money buying the expensive Carnauba Wax as it is naturally very inexpensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply guy's.

I used the glaze today and put a coat of Adam's Buttery wax on top. It looked pretty good BUT I was not impressed with the machine application of the glaze although overall I was happy to get a coat fo something on the truck before the weather turned too cold. It does look pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11Frontier View Post
    Thanks for the reply guy's.

I used the glaze today and put a coat of Adam's Buttery wax on top. It looked pretty good BUT I was not impressed with the machine application of the glaze although overall I was happy to get a coat fo something on the truck before the weather turned too cold. It does look pretty good.
    Glad it looks good. What specifically didn't impress you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louonthekey View Post
    I have just read on another forum site that Pure Carnauba wax is very hard and it's natural color is Yellow. Making this ivory or White does nothing to add benefit to it. I like pinnacle products but their Ivory or White pure Carnauba wax does not shine more that their basic Carnauba wax. Has anyone else heard anything about the color of Carnauba and what it should be? The site also said that you are totally wasting your money buying the expensive Carnauba Wax as it is naturally very inexpensive.
    Some waxes blend other types of wax with the Carnauba as well as add solvents, colorings and/or scents. Wax color doesn't matter - like you said. Other factors are much more important.

At the end of the day one can be satisfied with a $10 wax or a $1000 wax. It all boils down to personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have been expecting more from the machine application, it did not look that much better than the results I was getting by hand and I felt that it was more work and time with the DA polisher. The results I got were better than not using the product and the feel of the truck was silky smooth when I was done. I've used the machine 3 times and all 3 times I felt that the process results differed from the products instructions. By this I mean the directions say put it on until the products dries up, well that never seemed to happen, maybe i put too much on. I also came to the realization that I've not see one instructional video that showed any light colored car? I have a silver truck. I can barely see any covering or hazing when applied.