autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle vs Meg.

How's Meg Ultimate Wax compare to Pinnacle Liquid Souveran wax ? I got a sample bottle of the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran and had enough to layer 3 coats on my white Charger. It was easy on easy off and the shine (on white paint ) is incredible. I'm willing to pay more and wait to get Pinnacle by mail, while Meg's can be bought OTC every where.

Post Thanks / Like
    One looks better and the other is much less expensive and lasts much longer.

It's your call.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle vs Meg.

I just used the Meg Ultimate Wax and was blown away with the shine for the money spent. In fairness I want to try the pinnacle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    One looks better and the other is much less expensive and lasts much longer.

It's your call.
    Liquid Souveran is said to last longer than the Paste version (right on product pages). I would have thought MUW and PLS would be about the same in terms of durability. I have not tried MUW so for me this is just a paper exercise.

Post Thanks / Like

I used them both on a side by side black panels and could not tell any difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm a Pinnacle Signature enthusiast. Been using it last six months because it's supposed to look better on lighter vehicles (Silver metallic TCH). Looks great. I use it on my dark maroon car as well and I can't see how anything would outperform it regarding depth and shine. Looks as dramatic as anything I've seen over the internet or in person. Just picked up another tub due to last weeks sale. I'm probably guilty of waxing too often because it's so easy to use.
    Problem is, there's too many excellent products to choose from in many categories. Too many choices......Be well,
    Elliot

Post Thanks / Like

For the most part it's all about preference try them both and decide on which one you like better. That's what you'll be most happy with in the end.
    Detailing in Colorado since 2001

Post Thanks / Like

I usually don't buy PBMG products, NOT because they aren't amazing, but because I already have my favorites from over the years and I find them pricey for being in-house brands. At any rate, I wanted to say I have still been going through my OLD formula of the liquid Pinnacle, and it... is... amazing!

I can't imagine how good the NEW version is that came out last year I believe it was - but I'm looking forward to it. The EASE of application AND wiping off is RIDICULOUSLY good. Like, in a league of its own GOOD.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

junkman says it don't matter which wax you use

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boostgst View Post
    junkman says it don't matter which wax you use
    There's definitely a difference. This is something I could spend quite a deal of time discussing. I'm not sure who junkman is, but I mean NO OFFENSE to him whatsoever, but from my perspective there are several reasons why there are hundreds of waxes on the market from $10 to $4,000 (Swissvax makes a duo that is almost $4,000).

I won't give an exhaustive dissertation here, but everything from the ingredients (grade of carnauba, amount of crystalline polymers, etc etc), to the ease of both application and more so the ease of removal, to the LONGEVITY of beading and protection and gloss endurance, to the variance the wax provides regarding whether it is a warm deep type of gloss, or a hard candy-shell shallow yet shiny type of gloss, and on... and on... and on... all factor into WHY you use the wax you use. As a matter of fact, even the paint color and type all come into play!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast