autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Product Recommendation

Looking for a recommendation on an inbetween product! XMT 180 is my current favorite LSP as I love what it does for the color and the finish! But I have discovered that it tends to work, and especially last, much better on a well prepped surface (as opposed to just throwing on another coat after a couple months).

My thought was that XMT 360 would fit the bill perfectly for use when a full polish or any correction isn't needed. i.e. after a few months following a full correction/detail, once over with the 360 and then topped with the 180 would be a great recipe. However, as you can see from this thread…

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-360-fail.html

…the 360 just didn't work out so great for me. So now I'm back to searching for the right product that'll clean and prep the paint, maybe add a sealant (initially liked that about the 360), and leave a great surface for the 180 application. Sorry, I'm just one of those guys that has it stuck in my head that paint should be done with a sealer/glaze and then topped with a LSP of choice.

So how do these two products fit into the line-up and/or fit what I'm looking for? I certainly don't mind, and actually enjoy, going over the car twice (once in this prep step and again with the LSP), so I'm not looking for an AIO.

Would one of these be a good choice to clean and prep since the 360 didn't work out…

-Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or
    -XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze

Or any other recommendations for that matter. Thanks guys!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Product Recommendation

So what are you wanting? Do you want the LSP to protect your paint and shine over a long period of time?

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that what everyone wants? The purpose of this thread though is to find a good product to use which cleans/preps the surface when outright correction isn't needed for the LSP to hold up well.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I first wash my cars with my favorite bucket car wash then I prep the paint (Remove Decontaminate it) ...this lays the ground work for everything else...if the 1st 2 steps are not done correctly nothing works right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Looking for a recommendation on an inbetween product! XMT 180 is my current favorite LSP as I love what it does for the color and the finish! But I have discovered that it tends to work, and especially last, much better on a well prepped surface (as opposed to just throwing on another coat after a couple months).

My thought was that XMT 360 would fit the bill perfectly for use when a full polish or any correction isn't needed. i.e. after a few months following a full correction/detail, once over with the 360 and then topped with the 180 would be a great recipe. However, as you can see from this thread…

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-360-fail.html

…the 360 just didn't work out so great for me. So now I'm back to searching for the right product that'll clean and prep the paint, maybe add a sealant (initially liked that about the 360), and leave a great surface for the 180 application. Sorry, I'm just one of those guys that has it stuck in my head that paint should be done with a sealer/glaze and then topped with a LSP of choice.

So how do these two products fit into the line-up and/or fit what I'm looking for? I certainly don't mind, and actually enjoy, going over the car twice (once in this prep step and again with the LSP), so I'm not looking for an AIO.

Would one of these be a good choice to clean and prep since the 360 didn't work out…

-Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or
    -XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze

Or any other recommendations for that matter. Thanks guys!

The cleansing lotion will take off the existing protection. The glaze has no abrasiveness. It does give a great look though. The other thing to consider is Megs UC. Works great and will revive any dull/hazed paint. If you haven't already, clay it. Good luck.

When I am doing multi step: Wash/dry, condioner, clay, compound/swirl removal, glaze and seal/wax. If needed or wanted topped with nuba after cure time of sealant/wax.