autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets discuss Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Quote Originally Posted by KenR View Post
    Thanks. I was thinking about trying either Pinnacle or Poorboys Black Hole glaze on my dark colored cars next time I reseal.
    The more I'm reading, the more unsure I am. Are Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser and Poorboys Black Hole glaze different types of product? If yes, what exactly is the difference?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KenR View Post
    The more I'm reading, the more unsure I am. Are Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser and Poorboys Black Hole glaze different types of product? If yes, what exactly is the difference?
    Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is a non-abrasive polish. It removes previously applied waxes and sealants along with below surface contaminants. You would use this on paint that's in good shape (no swirls and scratches) before applying a wax or sealant.

Poorboy's World Black Hole is a glaze and contains fillers. You would use this before your wax or sealant as it masks minor swirls.

Two completely different products that each have their own intended use.

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Poorboy’s World Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles 16 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion recommends a white polishing pad for machine application. I'm new to machine polishing and have the Griot DA polisher. Which white pad is recommend? There are eight on the website - Cobra Cross Groove; Lake County flat, CCS, hybrid power, Kompressor, & constant pressure; Edge and Edge wave. I have a new pearl white Nissan, the paint is in good shape. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is a non-abrasive polish. It removes previously applied waxes and sealants along with below surface contaminants. You would use this on paint that's in good shape (no swirls and scratches) before applying a wax or sealant.

Poorboy's World Black Hole is a glaze and contains fillers. You would use this before your wax or sealant as it masks minor swirls.

Two completely different products that each have their own intended use.

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Poorboy’s World Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles 16 oz.
    Thank you for the clarification. So technically, if your car is in very good shape, i.e. only minor swirls, you can use the cleansing lotion to prepare the surface by removing old sealant and wax, then fill in with glaze to do the minor corrections before applying the new sealant. This would alleviate the need for taking it one step higher and using something like PO85RD.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I use Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion with Poorboy's World Polish with Sealant? If Yes, should i use it before or after the PwS?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Wash with Dawn and/or use properly diluted IPA to completely strip the panel. Check for swirls/holograms and then take the necessary steps (swirl remover, dual action polisher, etc) to remove them. Once the paint is corrected, apply your wax or sealant of choice. Later down the road when it's time to reapply a wax or sealant, use the Cleansing Lotion first and make sure you apply it sparingly.
    Personally I would avoid the Dawn wash and instead wash the car as normal, then go for a P21s TAW decon step, which will be saver on the trim and rubber bits. Clay the vehicle if necessary. Haven't tried the Pinnacle Paint Cleanser but I'm sure it's good if Nick is giving the thumbs up. But I just did a test with Klasse AIO vs Wolfgang paint cleanser and the KAIO performed much better on my red Acura. The paint was much cleaner especially when testing with the baggie. After polishing the whole vehicle with KAIO, try a final wipedown with either Menzerna's Top Inspection or the Griots product you already have instead of a diluted IPA solution - to much controversy on it's usage, even when diluted like Mike P has outlined for my way of thinking. Assuming your paint now passes the "baggie test", I would then break out my favorite LSP (in my case that would be Blackfire Crystal Seal) and sit back and admire your work 11 minutes later. IME, the BFCS has been the only sealant to really make my Ibis White pop and look wet and I've tried 6 or 7 different products-the other stuff just doesn't come close. And please don't listen to Nick when he tells you only to apply one coat - the second coat is when the magic happens.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets discuss Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

just placed my order. This is a great deal, 20 off, a 20 gift certificate and free paste wax. Although when I placed my order it did not say anything about the paste wax, does that mean I was not one of the first 500, or does it not say anything, but is still shipped with the order?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Motrecrerbnom View Post
    just placed my order. This is a great deal, 20 off, a 20 gift certificate and free paste wax. Although when I placed my order it did not say anything about the paste wax, does that mean I was not one of the first 500, or does it not say anything, but is still shipped with the order?
    I think you're discussing a deal thats been long over...
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking around for different paint cleansers as I find this type of product essential to getting the high gloss I'm always after. I really love the way KAIO cleans but there are times I want a cleaner without any sealant, otherwise I would stick with the Klasse. Can Nick and others chime in here and point me in the right direction. Not sure I grabbed all but I think I found several of the more respected cleanser products out there. I have and used the WG Paint Cleanser which is just okay - not a "WoW"product IMO - KAIO does a much better job of cleaning then the WG cleanser.

SONAX Premium Class Paint Cleaner

1Z Einszett Paint Polish Lack-Politur
    Product Code: EIN-930307

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion#
    Product Code: PIN-200

Ultima Paint Prep Plus & Applicator
    Product Code: ULT-4012-130

Four Star Ultimate PreWax Cleanser
    Product Code: FS-UPWC16

Sonus Paintwork Cleanser Prewax Polish 8 oz.#
    Product Code: SON-4008

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish