autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help picking products

I'm a new member to this site and I'm enjoying reading all the different opinions on all the products. But please give me some sound advise. I have an 05 Infiniti G35 cpe. in Ivory pearl which in really good shape. The car is garaged every night and it only has about 5900 miles. Low milage for a car thats almost 2 years old. But its often washed, and up to now, I've been using Zaino on it. I own two Porter Cable machines that have not been used on this car because I don't feel Zaino can be applied to easily by machine. So now I'm ready to make a change in product. Keeping in mind my car has no deep scratches or bad marks on the paint. Maybe a very fine polish might work followed by a sealent and maybe a wax? I know white does not pop like other colors but any thoughts on which way I should go. I don't mind paying high prices for good products. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnacle's XMT line is specifically formulated for machine use. The products range from XMT1 up to XMT3, 3 being the most abrasive. I suggest XMT1 and an orange pad, based on your information on the car's paint condition. You will want to follow it up with a glaze, particularly XMT's glaze. After that, either a wax or sealant of your choice is the only step left.

Zaino is a pretty good wax, so perhaps sticking with that isn't necessarily a bad choice. Either way, others to consider are the Pinnacle Souveran (liquid for lighter cars is the general consensus, others will argue though), Signature Series, and a few others will round out the top.

Also, watch out for topping a sealant with a wax. Hopefully others will elaborate, for I think the the way you do-- top the sealant with a wax for extra protection. However, others claim that carnauba does not bond to the oils in a sealant. So, just keep a look out for everyone else's response reguarding that, as well.

Welcome to the forum, good luck, and let us know what you decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    XMT 1 works great on small swirls. medium/soft pad
    DuraGloss #101 is insane shine. soft pad
    DuraGloss #105 protects goooood, and makes it slick. by hand
    Im not sure about the best wax on light cars, but its nothings wrong with Liquid Souveran. by hand, I love it

And welcome to AGF
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Liquid Souveran should look very nice on that color and it's easy to apply with your PC. It's comes in larger size bottle which are a lot cheaper per ounce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword
    Liquid Souveran should look very nice on that color and it's easy to apply with your PC. It's comes in larger size bottle which are a lot cheaper per ounce.
    The idiot that I am, I haven't ordered anything in the bulk sizes - instead I have ordered multiple bottles...rofl...yes, I am serious. I have still managed to spend a fortune...wish I would have spotted that bulk Pinnacle special, Gary!
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    someone seems to be borrowing off my forum id ?????????

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    someone seems to be borrowing off my forum id ?????????
    Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    The idiot that I am, I haven't ordered anything in the bulk sizes - instead I have ordered multiple bottles...rofl...yes, I am serious. I have still managed to spend a fortune...wish I would have spotted that bulk Pinnacle special, Gary!
    Lauren
    Not to get off topic but buying in bulk is the way to go if you do a lot of detailing. I have purchased 128oz bottles of Liquid Souveran, Pinnacle Crystal Mist and Woofgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. I would go broke buying 16oz bottles. I wish some of the other products I liked came in larger sizes at similar savings (Hint to AG).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword
    Not to get off topic but buying in bulk is the way to go if you do a lot of detailing. I have purchased 128oz bottles of Liquid Souveran, Pinnacle Crystal Mist and Woofgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. I would go broke buying 16oz bottles. I wish some of the other products I liked came in larger sizes at similar savings (Hint to AG).
    Thank you again, Gary! WHile this may be a little off topic, if I did not realize then some other newbies may not either. And I have been here since like August I think? ANd it boosts sales here as I will do that now that you have shared and AG will sell more. I will also have more to trade. WHen I have traded, I have put big dents in my containers by doing so and I wish I had the big ones as it is cool to swap stuff and try it so you can go buy it.

SOrry for being bad and being off topic, but I think this was valuable nonetheless...

Sincerely,
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    You may help yourself get the best bang for the buck by considering one of the Pinnacle kits. The three that seem close to what's been mentioned; "Forum Favorite", "Sizzling Shine"; "Souveran/Klasse".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast