autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liquid vs Paste

Post Thanks / Like

Liquid vs Paste

Sorry if this is someone where else in this section... I didnt see it with a quick look.

But im wondering how the liquid souveran wax compares to the paste in terms of shine...dont really care about protection since I dont mind waxing

I just cant justify spending $95 right now on a wax being a college student with a car I have to give back in 3 years...

Im will be applying Wolfgang DGPS and letting it cure before the wax. Will I get the same great shine with the LS or no? Any other paste waxes out there that you find to be just as good? (I know you get what you pay for...)

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liquid vs Paste

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to waxes. The key is a proper polishing. You can put a $500 wax on a unproperly polished car and it won't come close in apperance to a $5 wax on a properly polished car.

That being said.... I love the Souveran paste on dark, solid colors but I don't like the liquid at all. That's just personal opinion. Try the WG DGPS first and see what you think. That is a very nice sealant IMO.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to waxes. The key is a proper polishing. You can put a $500 wax on a unproperly polished car and it won't come close in apperance to a $5 wax on a properly polished car.

As far as what to use... If you are on a tight budget don't spend money on an expensive wax. You can buy a good wax like PB or colli and save a bunch of money. When you have more money than you need then maybe it's worth spending lots of money on a wax because it makes you happy to do so.

Besides! You can buy some other detailing stuff with the money you saved on the wax!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

That being said.... I love the Souveran paste on dark, solid colors but I don't like the liquid at all.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Paste on dark, liquid on light... honestly if you're tight on budget better go with Meguiars #26, it's amazingly cheap. I collect waxes and believe me meguiars waxes are still one of the best value out there...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothelle View Post
    Paste on dark, liquid on light... honestly if you're tight on budget better go with Meguiars #26, it's amazingly cheap. I collect waxes and believe me meguiars waxes are still one of the best value out there...
    Can you please elaborate, on why paste with dark and liquids wit light??
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Just based on my experiences & personal preference, liquid souveran looks better on my silver and made the metallic popped out like crazy whileas paste muted them. On the other hand liquid is just average on my black whileas the paste makes the paint glowing and dripping wet.

But honestly both are pleasantly easy to use...

Post Thanks / Like

I will agree with liquid souveran making metallic paint look great and pop. I got a sample of it and machine applied it to a section of my met. pewter S10 and it really looked smooth and sexy. I haven't used the liq. sov. on any dark vehicles yet, but I would imagine if you have any flake in your paint it will bring it out. I used the original Pinnacle Signature paste on a 05 WR Blue STi and it always looked great on there. But if I were you on a budget I would go with one of the Collinite's as they are great waxes and very cheap for the quality and durability you get from them; probably better than some more pricey stuff. Just my opinion and experience.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

and that huge can will last you forever

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the Collinite is great for durability so I'm going to get some of that before I go back to school and protect it with that but before that for the summer I want a wax to really make it pop. I think I'd spend up to $50 on a good wax to really make the color pop. Ill spend the difference on applicators and MFs! I could try the fuzion estate mini or pin ss2... Other suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast