autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Souveran???????

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Souveran???????

if you dont think it will last 30 coats after only 3 uses you are using way to much...I have used it on my car 5 times and you really cant even tell i have used any out of the jar yet

Post Thanks / Like

Souveran can definitely last up to 3 months and one jar will provide about 30 applications to an average size sedan.

Of course Souveran on a car that is garage kept and carefully maintained will outlast Souveran on a car that is parked outside, by the beach and not maintained properly. There are so many variables that come into play and you may be similar to one of these scenarios or fall somewhere in between. I've actually had some Souveran users claim 4-5 month durability.

The key is to use Souveran as it is intended to be used. You may have read the insert that comes with Souveran that recommends using Pinnacle Paintwork Cleaning Lotion first to deep clean the paint and remove old wax. If the surface needs clayed, make sure to clay before using the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion.

Once Souveran has been applied with a nice thin, even application, maintain the finish by washing with a pH balanced shampoo, Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo is recommended. Use Pinnacle Crystal Mist to remove light dust and fingerprints and to restore the just waxed shine and slickness.

Hats off to you guys. You guys are enthusiasts that love to mix and match products, always testing things out to see what works and what doesn't. We do it too! Who actually uses Pinnacle Souveran as part of a system, maintained with Pinnacle Natural Brilliance products that are all designed carefully to work together? It's like a prescription, do it this way to get the best results possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne:
    I used Wolfgang Instant Spritz between 2 coats of Souveran that were applied 24 hours apart. I was happy with the results.

Post Thanks / Like

I too will offer it again, for longest results use the Pinnacle Wash and booster spray as needed. It will last a couple months and is so darn easy to apply you wont mind adding more when desired.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

No it was'nt a small jar... it was an an 8 oz (i think thats the amount) . I was totally using too much. I will scale it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    No it was'nt a small jar... it was an an 8 oz (i think thats the amount) . I was totally using too much. I will scale it back.
    At the rate you were using it, that's $40-$50 of wax per application! Applied properly, not even $1200 per container Crystal Rock is that expensive to use. It doesn't matter how much wax you apply per coat, because once you wipe off the excess, it's the same thickness of wax left on the car. As long as you can see that there is a slight haze,you know you have used enough. Just use enough wax to ensure that you have complete coverage. Look at Mike Phillip's video on how to apply a carnauba wax.
    How to Apply Waxes and Paint Sealants

Post Thanks / Like

This was a post from a few years back. So funny to read it. Needless to say I blew thru this jar of wax by not understanding how far it would spread and how thin it could be applied. I

recently bought another jar of Souveran on the recent wax sale. Used it this past weekend to wax my wife's car and I can hardly tell I used any from the jar. Lesson learned!
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Live and learn....If we never make mistakes how can we be sure we are doing it right all the time?
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    This was a post from a few years back. So funny to read it. Needless to say I blew thru this jar of wax by not understanding how far it would spread and how thin it could be applied. I

recently bought another jar of Souveran on the recent wax sale. Used it this past weekend to wax my wife's car and I can hardly tell I used any from the jar. Lesson learned!

Scott

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123