autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

XMT Finishing Glaze and OPT Poli-Seal

After reading some of the threads and product description in the store, I'm curious about Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze.

It has some carnauba and also cleaners, right? It's non-abrasive, correct? I wouldn't use this product to work out minor spiderwebbing, would I? Any examples of where a person might use this product?

I've also read about Poli-Seal, from Optimum. It seems that people are calling it a finishing polish with some protection added. Is that accurate? I've read where some people use that as a last step after more aggresive polishing steps because it is durable on its own.

Post Thanks / Like
    A glaze's main purpose is to enhance the finish. Whether used to darken it or hide some very minor swirls, a glaze works well. A glaze does not have any protective properties, so a topper is required. I recommend a nice wax, because a sealant over a glaze may have some durability and bonding issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    The XMT Glaze says that it can stand alone, due to carnauba content. I understand the theory on glazes, but this one seems different than the traditional product I'm familiar with using.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that would work, but if you are going to the trouble of using a glaze, might as well top with a wax imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Seal is actually a polish with protection. My original beta bottle shows it was carnauba based, not sure of final product. What I do know is it has some healthy polish in it that diminishes quite quickly. I would call it an ALL IN ONE. Poorboys Polish w/ Sealant is most similar.

XMT Finishing Glaze is like a finishing polish (very light abrasive quality) with carnauba content. You would not use it for all out polishing. I would not consider it a pure glaze (fillers, and oils for wetness only) either. It is best used after one of the XMT polishes and before the carnauba protection.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    This is good information, please if anyone else knows more please post. I've been curious about this as well.